• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I Got Eggs! My First Clutch!

Pal-O-Mine

So Sat. my big amel girl Draco gifted me with 2 eggs. Only TWO! Hmmmmm. One was obviously viable, it seems perfect in every way. The other had a weird shape and a yellow spot at the point. Hmmm. I popped both of them in my brand new incubator anyway and waited. And waited and waited. What? Is this it???? Draco my girl, how can you be that pudgy and only pop out two??? Where's the rest??? Is there any more??? Did I buy that big incubator for only TWO eggs???? Well at least I won't have too much trouble finding homes for MAYBE two pippies.

Well tonight I came home after a hellacious day at work to see Draco lying exhausted in a pile of white things! More eggs! Sixteen more! ( And one came out scrambled. EWWW! Gross! ) WHA HOO! Hiccup's parts work! Draco's plumbing works!

Now, can I incubate them properly and get any live ones? Let's see!

Devon

Thank you, thank you all.

So it seems prospective pipping date will be sometime around the end of June. UGH! June is looking pretty full already! I've got my first dance recital in public in front of family and friends on June 15th, ( EEEKKKK! ) that really nicely bred Haflinger mare we bred to our stallion, Alex, is due to pop the end of June, ( I already told the owner of the mare to tell her horse "Rosie" to put a cork in it until AFTER the 15th! ) we may be breeding another mare to Alex and have her here sometime in June, prospective pippies possibly coming.....WHAT ELSE can we pile on the June plate????? How did this all just happen to happen IN JUNE?????

I can already see that sleep will be a luxury that month!

Devon

Back