• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I Got "Poo"ed on...

Bloodred Dad!

Proud Parent
Okay. So it goes to show that I should've never said, "it won't happen to me." Today, I was defecated on by my snake. Defecated on. Yeh, yeh, laugh all you want.

I was handling him for a good hour or so and I guess he had such a work out that it just it came out... lol. I thought his bowels were pretty well empty since he ate days ago (Wed). Ironically enough, I had even though, 'his back half still looks a little disproportional, I'll have to check his tank soon.' And now... I won't... : ) Oh my... it was gross. I laughed and laughed at the time, but it was pretty nasty. Just nature though.

This led me to start thinking about corns that might defecate out of fear. I was wondering, do some corns do this when they're nervous? Now i'm confidante my corn felt plenty secure but I know that milk snakes (by nature) tend to do this when being handled at first until they're adjusted. So naturally, I wondered if anyone has had any experiences with corns doing this out of fear. If so, what did you have to do to fix the problem? I've just always read and heard that corns don't defecate or bite out of fear, but like all things, I'm sure there's a little gray...[/FONT]

hehehe... welcome to the club!!

I havent had any experience with my 2 doing it out of fear, but everyones different :shrugs:
Maybe someone else knows more

hehehe... welcome to the poo club!!

I havent had any experience with my 2 doing it out of fear, but everyones different :shrugs:
Maybe someone else knows more

I think my previous corn did it out of fear once. It was during her vet visit. To be honest... the vet kinda scared me too.

:p

It hasnt happened to me yet, but with my first corn seth it was common occurence for him to unleash one on my girlfriend when we first got him....Not me though! Cant imagine its a nice experience :p

Mine did it to me first the first time a week or so ago. My pinky finger twitched, right in front of her face. She jerked her head back and *squuuuiiiirrt* all over.

Most of the time when it looks like she has to poo, she does it almost immediatly when I put her back.

I must REEEEK like it!

Dont feel bad I seem to be the "poo" station for all snakes. I have only had my snake for almost a month now and he has gone on me twice. Once the very first time I held him and once when I held him for the first time two days after he ate.

Thats why my son named him MoJo. It is from the movie TRANSFORMERS when the tiny little dog pees on Optimus primes leg.:grin01: My son thought it was just HYSTERICAL:laugh01: that he pooed on Mommy. Ha Ha very funny.:nope:

And the very first time I ever held a corn snake (about one week before I got ours) that one pooed on me too. Maybe its a certain smell?? :confused:Whatever it is...I must REEEEEEEK like it!! :eek:

The second time I held my adult corn Hermione she pooed on me. Man it stinks. Thank goodness it has only happened once :)

I've had it on my shirt, IN my shirt, on my shorts and on my bed(About 6 times). Its not fun, and it smells horrible, but what poop doesnt? :rolleyes:

Out of my 11 snakes, I think 3 have pooed on me (some more than others). But my fiance seems to have a "knack" for getting pooed on. Not just our pets, but the ones at both pet stores I've worked at! (No joke, almost every reptile in the store has pooed on him! The other employees think it's hilarious, and always stand back when he takes out an animal)
Personally, I think it's pretty funny too, but probably only cause it isn't me! ;)

When I first got my snake I don't know if it was out of fear or because I happened to handle her at the wrong time, either way she used to "go" on me EVER time I handled her and she did this for a good few months she was quite a "skittish" snake, now she only ever "goes" when shes really full up and she's calmed right down luckily :)

Yep, once today after holding him for a good 10 minutes or so. I had been watching him for a little bit, and he seemed to be contracting his muscles a bit. I thought "hmm, I wonder if he is breathing all right" and before I knew it bam (as if I have a clue where his lung is hehe). He managed to get the rug, my hand, and the coffee table in one fell swoop - my little over-achiever ;D

hmmmmmmmmm yum, not been pooed on by my snakes yet but i have a few times by my beardie when he was little, i missed the wiggle wiggle im gunna go dance

Back