• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I have a question for all you corn snake pros

CornCob

I am going to get a male snow corn (baby) at an expo in november :crazy02: ...can I put him in a tank with Sobe, my female classic corn (baby)??? I need help...I'm so confused. Some sites say yes and some say no, so I came to you guys for the right answer. :bowdown:

No :rofl: It is not recommend for a variety of reasons. Most importantly your new baby needs to be quarantined for a few months preferable in another room. Then being in an enclosure together could stress them out and that could lead to other problems like cannibalism, refusing to eat or regurging (vomiting). And you have the added down fall if one gets sick then it can be hard to tell who.

Have people done it with success, yes. Is it recommended, no.

Corncob - The answer to your question "...can I put him in a tank with Sobe, my female classic corn (baby)???" is yes.

Now you need to ask yourself why people say not too and cmalchow and Jdog3131 both have pointed it out why.

In my not so humble opinion, if you can afford the snake you should be able to afford a 7 dollar sterilite tub, heat mat, T-stat, and water bowl.

If you ask around the internet, you'll get a mix of Yes and No answers. There's no definitive answer to that one, as people disagree.

However, the prevailing opinion on this board is No, for the very good reasons stated above.

Cohabbing has no advantages for the Corns that I've ever heard of. It's just a convenience for an owner that carries a raft of potential risks for the snakes. That's not to say any of the risks will ever happen if you do choose to co-hab, but how would you feel if they did?

Thanks to everyone who answered my question. :) I didn't actually think I could but I just wanted to make sure (if I can save money, i will!) but I will buy him a new terrarium. :) Is everything a better price at Expo's?

Thanks to everyone who answered my question. :) I didn't actually think I could but I just wanted to make sure (if I can save money, i will!) but I will buy him a new terrarium. :) Is everything a better price at Expo's?

Wish I could answer that question. The only thing I can tell you is that snakes are cheaper at shows or Expo's.

I did buy a snake hook and probes at my local show because they were cheaper than online. Never looked in to terrarium because I use a snake rake.

Sorry not much help here.

i'd say keep them apart for a short while, like said above, quarantine is an essential part for the snake as it reduced stress etc.. if you start introducing them to each other after a little while of having him, get them used to each other and then when they grow out of their enclosures they are in now, and you are ready to move them to bigger ones, try them out, but keep a very close eye on there personalities etc and if you see no change then they are happy, if you see either being jumpy (or more than usual) then id think twice about it, i have got 2 corn snakes, one being about 4months older than the other and they get on great, the younger is not quite ready for a move to a bigger viv yet but im working on it being possible by the steps above

hope this helps :)

Unfortunately, one sign that they aren't enjoying living together, is when one eats the other.

Back