• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I have a question! *raises hand*

CraziiTii

Tyrannosaurus
I'm going out of town for two weeks and I would like to leave my cornsnakes here. I'm driving, so can easily transport them with me, but I'll be in the car for 14 hours. I just don't feel comfortable traveling with them for all that time. It's going to get hot in a car packed full of stuff, and even with the air conditioning and keeping them out of the sun, I think it still might be too hot for their little bodies. Is it acceptable for them to be without food for that length of time? I have friends that can check in, but they're all too grossed out by the f/t mice to feed them.

Any suggestions, or words of reassurance so I don't feel so guilty about leaving them?

I would say no problem. The car is almost certain death for snakes in the summer. I would avoid that at all cost. Going with out food for two weeks is no problem, snakes do that all the time. If you can make sure they have water and their normal temperatures at home I’d leave them home without a second thought.

Yes, they'll be fine. Just be sure you have a full water dish for them. My breeding males get fed every two weeks for a majority of the year.

D80

7 yearlings, and a 3yo. I'm aware they can go a long time without food, but I suppose I just want to hear it from the rest of you! I would love to bring my GTP with me, but I suppose I can get a friend to come in and mist her...

Back