• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

i have a question

snkegrl

i have two male corns (anerythristic & classic phase very gorgeous guys) that have been together since they were neonates. They live in a 6x2x2 terrarium. I am ,in the upcoming soon future, going to get a female (blizzard phase), do you suppose or think it would be fine to put her in the same cage as my 2 males or as i am thinking i'll need to buy another tank for her separate.

can someone put their thoughts in here, please

thanks,
snkegrl

:confused:

Personally I don't house any snakes together BUT since your two are doing fine so far, they seem to be those "special" ones that can deal with it.

But like you are saying, its not good to assume a new blizzard will accept this arrangment.

And since you are getting a female, I would keep her apart if she is under breeding size. You woudln't want any egg bound accidents because she bred too young or anything else of that nature. I would also be SURE, absolutly SURE to keep her away from your other snakes for at LEAST 3 months at first to make sure she has no hidding diseases that will hurt your two established males.

bmm

IMHO, an introduction of a female anywhere near the pair of males will cause dominance issues. The males will most definately start to "duel" with each other once they begin to smell the female's presence around especially now since it's the beginning of breeding season.

An intoduction of the female directly into the two males' territory would be disastrous, the two males will most definately start fighting right away, and you may end up with a female with eggs you're not ready for.

But there's my two cents.

-13mur 6

Back