• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

i have another question

snkegrl

when you do take your snakes out, what temperature is the room or rooms you bring your snakes too. i cannot bring mine into the living room when my mother or brother are here because they keep at 70 degrees, but when they do leave i pump it back up to 80 degrees.

and do you let them outside meaning do you hold them while they're outside or do you let them roam on the grass.

i am scared to let them roam in the grass, because i don't want them to pick up something, or am i just paranoid about this ( the degrees thing & the outside thing)

:confused:

I wouldn't let them out in the grass if I were you. It's not that they'll likely pick up anything (though they could, I suppose), but rather that they are very fast, and you could lose your snake, if not very careful!

As to the room temps, I wouldn't worry about that either. Unless you snake is digesting its meal (when you probably wouldn't be handling it anyway), 70 degrees is fine for ambient temperature. In fact, if the room temp is a little lower, you'll find that your corn is more likely to want to rest on you for body heat after it has settled a bit. BONUS!

Have fun! :D

I don't let mine go outside, too cold and too many dogs cats and birds. I just handle them in the room they are in (my room) and let them go around on my bed. For exersize i will sometimes put them in the bath ( i also do this somtimes if they are shedding or i need them to poop so i can handle them).

70 degrees is fine temperature for handling. Like Darin said, if it's cooler, the snake will rely on you for warmth. Don't forget your internal body temp is at around 98 deg F, and external is about 90 deg F. Also, the hotter it is, the more the snake will try to avoid you, since it will be getting overheated from your body heat, you may find them easier to handle in a cooler environment, since they're more sluggish when cold.

-13mur 6

I would think it would not be the best idea to let them roam in the grass. They might catch a disease, or they might get away. About holding them; i hold mine in my room (about 70 degrees) and they act just fine. It wont hurt them to hold them at, or a little below room temp. Hope this helps!:p

Back