• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I just don't understand

pinupgrl

This may have been hit on before but I am truly confused by why some people get so upset on this forum from time to time.

I've noticed while reading some of the threads that someone will ask a question, another with answer it matter-of-factly, then the person that asked the question gets upset at the answer. If you are asking a questions aren't you looking for an answer?

I understand that getting emotion across in a message is difficult however, that's why we have emoticons, it's not impossible. Simple politeness for the time someone took to respond to your question would be nice. And, some understanding of the difficulty of expressing emotion on a message board should be taken into consideration.

Newbies (Yes, I am one) can, and do, learn so much from this site however, it becomes difficult when an answer is never given because the thread blew into a huge argument.

I think it would be nice if we all realized that for the most part (I wish it was reasonable to say always) people are not out to get you. They are truly trying to help whether or not they seem to be expressing their answer in the way you want to hear it.

I'm not trying to lecture, I have no right as a Newbie, I just wanted to mention something I observed on this site (no, I will not give names, threads, etc...) and as a moderator of a 4x4 forum of my own, find it sad to see.

Hope you all have a wonderful evening, and I would like to personally thank everyone that has been so helpful to me even when my questions had probably been answered a million and one times. Thank you for making me feel like part of the family.

Some people just want to be told they're doing everything right. They don't care if they really are or not. Alternatively the person answering may have been snotty or answered in an "oh-my-god-how-can-you-not-know-this" way.

Lexie,

I think you are right, sometimes the person answering also needs to take into account that not everyone knows everything. And, if you ask a question you have to accept that people ARE going to answer it... I guess it just comes down to the old "Golden Rule" concept.

Back