• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I just fed my snake, but does he have enough?

Morticia

Hi guys

Just fed my snake for the first time, small pinkies, he ate it very fast and easy but I can hardly see the lump. Should I feed him another pinkie right away, wait a little, or just wait till the next feeding day?

Thanx!

Well, It's hard to give you a good answer with out seeing the snake. Put for now wait until the next feeding.
Now the general rule is feed you snake an food item that is 1 1/2 times the girth of your snake, seeing that you snake might be 6 month old or so you should be feeding fuzzy but start feeding two pinky at one feeding for three or so weeks than bump to one fuzzy. Here a link that could help.

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28341
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28342

Good Luck :cheers:

Ok so I just gave him another pinkie, bout half his girth, and again he ate well, I'll stick to pinkies for 3more weeks and switch to fuzzies then.
He's crawling a little in his terrarium right now and seems to be fine.
The pinkies were VERY small, so I think i did good... ?

Thanks for your help

Sounds good. There are intermediate sizes to, like large pinkies and peach fuzzies. If you feed him two pinkies, then feed him one right after the other. Some corns will get disinterested if you wait a while. :cheers:

I'd say either feed it larger pinky's or fuzzy's when they are about 20 in..?

i tryed feeding my little girl that is only 16in and didn't take the fuzzy, just spit it out, it was to big.

so yes that is enough just I'd say if you want it to grow fast feed it right after it poops.

Just my opinion, but length is not much of an indicator for appropriate food size. In fact, length isn't really that helpful in assessing anything, as far as I'm concerned. If you don't have a decent scale, then you're better off eye-balling it with the old 1.5x girth standard.

Back