• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I know... I know.... Another shedding question

krazybob

Krazy About Snakes
Last night Molly shed, the first time since I have owned her. I tried to keep the humidity high, and do everything right. Her shed came off in what I believe to e 1 piece. Except now she has what appears to be a small piece of skin at the end of her tail. It looks like a piece of thread tied around the last 1 mm of her tail. I thought about using a wet sponge to wipe it off. Anybody have this happen to them? If so what did you do?

Try using a moist cloth to get it off, but definitely get it off. It can cut off the circulation to the tip of his tail and it can fall off.

I use a wet terry cloth towel and let the snake crawl through it ,while attempting to remove the extra skin from the tip of the tail. Using the towel, and my finger and finger nail usually gets it.

Here is what will happen if you dont get it off. The tips you have been giving will work but get it off for sure.

Attachments

• Wranglerpaint.JPG
    Wranglerpaint.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 28
Using a warm cloth and my fingernails I got it off. It was only about the size of a couple of threads together so it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. Molly wasn't too cooperative either. But it's done.

Back