• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I NEED A WEB SITE THAT SELLS SNAKE SUPPLYS

anthony1230

hi i havent gotten a snake yet. but i have some questions. i want one that i saw. i think it was white and had green in it. it was a yellow green.but i dunno what kind. so if u knwo can u let me know. and also i need a web site that i can find supplys that i am going to need. i did alot of research on these and if theres ne thing else or ne thing important that i am going to need to know then please tell me. thankz. also i would like it if some people can tell me how they got their tanks set up.

anthony

Welcome

Try searching "reptile supply" at
www.google.com for supplies.
You'll be wanting to get this thing called a under tank heater(u.t.h.) as one of your first purchases.

GOOGLE search for "green and white snake" under images.
you might get lucky and spot it.
Do you think if it might be a Cornsnake?

This CORNSNAKE.COM site has a search feature too.

what you need to do is read, and learn
and continue to do alot of research.

Last edited:
thankz

cow boy thankz alot.
i knwo what materials im going to need i defintaly did research on that, but i want to get a set up idea on my tank. and im fairly sure that its a corn snake. but thankz for ur help3
anthony:p

How big is it?

What you want to do is get aspen ,paper towels,newspaper or astroturf for its substrate. I use aspen because it looks nicer than the other stuff(even though newspaper is easyist).If you choose aspen fill the bottom of the tank 1-3 inches thick of it.Your going to need hide boxes also.If you are going to only get one hide box you put it between the cold space and the heated space in the tank so it dosent have to choose between warmth or security.But if your going to get two hide boxes put one on the heated part of the cage and one on the cool part of the cage.Your also going to need a climing branch or vine for them to climb on.Get a water dish big enough that they will be able to soak themselves in.Dont forget the undertank heat pad(NOT A HEAT ROCK).I hope i dint forget anything.

Jordan

thankz

yes i am gettin 2 hide boxes, but does it matter how deep the water bowl is. i realsi it cant be 2 feet deep but like 3-4 inches deep ok? and also can i put newspaper under the aspen bedding, or it wont do ne thing. and also with the undertank heater can i manage the heat around 80 constintly or no? and o i need to make it humid in there often or jus leave it to nature to do it. and alos should i add a plant or no. cause i saw a pic wit a plant in the vivi-arium. well thankz again
anthony:p

you can use plants

i dont personaly but if i did i would use plastic plants because they are easy to clean and sterilise, a heat mat should be fine to maintain 80f but it depends on the temperature of your house so use a thermo-stat as well they are fairly cheap and well worth buying.

The K.I.S.S. Principle of snake keeping

Keep It Simple & Safe

I would concentrate on providing a basic setup for now.
Nothing fancy,just the basic setup for starters.
You can always set up a more elaborate living environment,down the road, once you've had a chance to research enviromental habitat methods / requirements a bit more. Your snake will thank you ;)

Back