• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I need everyone's expertice!

DeathCrest

sune-ku wa kawaii desu!!
Hey everyone, how are you all doing? Last time i posted up a picture of a lavender and most of you agreed that it was one. Now here's another picture but this time it's claimed it might be a hypomelistic lavender because the breeder is not sure if it is or not exactly. So with all your expertice, i got a picture that i will be showing. I'm waiting for the breeder to also give me pictures of the parents so i'm waiting patiently for them. I hope you can all give me a helping hand and tell me if this might be a hypo lavander or just a regular lavander. Thanks everyone in advance!!

Viviane :wavey:

Attachments

• hypolavendermale.jpg
    hypolavendermale.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 127
It could be a hypolav, they can vary quite alot in coloration. Yours seems similar to my female hypolav (pic not the best...she wouldn't hold still).

sweet i love the designs on your cornsnake they are awsome. Someone is willing to sell me that little male for 350 canadian. I know hypos usually go much higher up in price and i just found out the parents are the same as the other lavander i was suppose to get. SHould i buy the little fellow? I was told he is a real porc when it comes to feeding.
thanks
Viviane

The choice is yours to make. I don't know the exchange rate for US and Canadian dollars. Lavenders are going for around $75 US and hypolavs for around $150 US. The breeder doesn't seem to be able to guarantee that snake as being a hypolav, and I've only produced 2 hypolav hatchlings (from hypo het lav parents) and have only seen pics of lavender hatchlings (my lavender female was purchased as a yearling). Therefore, my opinion is just that. If the price is about equal to what lavenders are selling for, then go ahead and buy it if you want it. However, if the price is that of a hypolav, and the breeder isn't sure if it is hypo, then you may want to hesitate on the deal.

He looks nothing like my hypo lavender did when he was young. Here is a picture of mine when he was about 4-5 months old:
Drake-2-5-04.jpg

He is what he looked like in April of this year. He was about 7 months old.
Drake-4-28-04.jpg

And this was in May:
Drake-small-5-5-04.jpg

I need to get some more recent pictures of him...

By the way, he had an overall pink tint to him when he was young. I wish I could find the pictures of him then.

I've read that many of the hypolav males are lighter and pinker than the females, but I don't think they always have to be. My hypolav male is much lighter and pinker than my female. This pic was taken after his 2nd shed.

The exchange money rate is about 1.34 in between U.S and canadian. So a 150 hypo lav U.S would be about 201 $ canadian...And since people in the US don,t ship to canada and it's the first time i see a possibility to have one maybe i will go for it.. hmm

so sorry to interupt your thread death :awcrap: but that hypo lav is beatiful corncrazy!!!!! where did u buy him!!! i need to know! must have hypo lav.........*drools*

surfrkidTS...I got him from a friend of mine. He was the only hypo lav I got last season unfortunately. I am expecting to get more from my friend this year, though. If I have any extras, I will let you know. I already have a few spoken for, though, if I do get them.

Yes, the Hypo Lavender do seem to vary quite considerably as hatchlings............here are some photo's of 'Anubis'; one pic taken on July & August of this year & one of him as a babe in December '03.

He was very pale as a hatchling, however, his peach & lavender colours are becoming more obvious as he continues his development.

Alexandria.

Attachments

• Anubis - bright.JPG
    Anubis - bright.JPG
    146.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Anubis - title 02.JPG
    Anubis - title 02.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Anubis - yearling 01.JPG
    Anubis - yearling 01.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 13
wow, hypo lav is definitly my new favorite morph. I had never seen pictures where they had so much pink before! Somehow if i could make room.... maybe next year i can get one :)

They are all beautiful, just wish i could lay my hands on a pair :shrugs:
Nice lavs are hard to find here in the uk. ( but got one coming lol) So may be able to get a hypo lav in a few years with a nice little breeding project :)

Vivian,

If you really want a guranteed hypo lav....
talk to me....
I'll get you one that I am sure is a hypo lav.~

Send me an email ~
(Heck now thinking about it....I haven't replied your other email......the one that is not about purchasing....you know what I am talking about....LOL!!!)

LoL yeah you still need to reply to me Simon! Anyway i went to visit the breeder whom you happen to know since he knows you and i think he bought one from you not sure anymore and i simply fell in love with the little darling so i bought him..worst case if it is just a regular lavander i'll come visit you and get a hypo lavander and also meet you :p how does that sound? And i will be posting more pics of my lil Faustus so people can help me out to figure if it's a regular lavander or a hypo. lol
thanks everyone
Viviane

Back