• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I SAW HER EAT!!

Snake guy23

Today I saw my friends yearling cornsnake eat, it was the first time i had ever seen a cornsnake eat. I never realized how they unhinged their jaw, naturally shes eating pinkies. It was frozen and obviously dead, because with her last cornsnake an adult mouse bit it when it was alive, and her cornsnake got sick. So now shes feeding her dead ones. But... I GOT TO SEE A CORNSNAKE EAT YAAAAAAAAY (drops to floor with blood spurting out of his neck. If you have seen Kung Pow: enter the fist you know what i mean) heehee:D :p :p

I am amazed by many things that snakes do but I particulary have to admire them for the way they consume prey. Not only are they capable of un-hinging their jaws but they don't have a fixed jaw bone. Instead, the left and rights side of their jaw is connected in the center by cartilage which allows them to stretch their mouths open really wide to engulf large prey items. Also, they have what amounts to a built in tracheotomy (trachial glottis) which prevents them from choking on that big boy meal. Next is their incredibly efficient digestive system, snakes can convert up to 1/3 of a food item directly to body weight. How cool is that! They pretty much consume it all but fur and feathers and that means bones and teeth. It gives me a belly ache just thinking about it. ;)

Cheers,
Jason

Last edited:
Congratulations Snake guy23
Is really is an amazing ting to see.

But I think a mouase pinkie is a bit small for a yearling cornsnake to eat, lol.

Cheers

Alex

Back