• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I think I'm developing a problem...

NinaCaliente

Is there some sort of SnakeOwners Anonymous or something? We purchased our first two corns about a week and a half ago, and yesterday I bought a ball python. While I was at the shop yesterday, I saw a gorgeous '06 anery corn that I've been thinking about ever since! And Dh wants a BP of his own now, too... I think I should at least make sure the snakes we already have will eat before we get any more. I'm also running out of space to put cages!

My hubby cut me off after I brought home my fifth cat... maybe 5 snakes is our magic number too! ;)

I never imagined to have as many as I do...*sigh* Happens to the best of us! :dancer:

Enjoy! :cheers:

A year ago I was just starting to enjoy my first corn snake. Now we have seven snakes and we are making room for 4-5 more. As for running out of space to put cages. We moved into our first apartment at the end of November. We decided on a two bedroom townhouse instead of a one bedroom just so we could have a room to put all the snakes. We currently house other animals in there as well (breeder mice, sugar gliders, a crested gecko) but soon it will be taken over by our snakes. lol. :rofl:

i just got my first corn a little less than a month ago, and i already want another...

it happened with birds too. over a few years i went from 1 budgie, to 6! and now back down to 3, but i have added a cockatiel into the mix. the animal addiction will never subside!

When I list my animals to co-workers or friends they think I'm nuts.

0.1.0 Snow corn
0.0.1 Anery corn
1.0.0 100% het pied ball python
0.1.0 Normal ball python
1.0.0 Pastel ball python
0.1.0 Pastel ball python
1.0.0 king snake
0.0.1 partial pinstripe harlequin crested gecko
2.0.0 normal sugar gliders
0.1.0 white faced sugar glider
3.4.0 breeder mice
1.2.0 cats
0.1.0 ferret
0.1.0 dog (babysitting and currently trying to find a home for.)

Other than the 2 female cats, I started '07 off with one corn snake. Thats what I have at the end of '07, and we are making room for more snakes and another ferret. lol:rofl:

Heck my progress was more bizzare...

1.0 cornsnake (who died :( )
1.0 Durango kingsnake
1.0 Leucistic Kingsnake
0.1 Female hybrid of san luis potusiX? kingsnake -female
1.0 ball python
1.1 2 corns(amel het anery A &normal het snow)
?.? Green tree python
1.0 redblood corn

and more on the way

branching out is always cool... but I decided to focus on Cornsnakes and breed them here.

LOL Well I got my first corn on 11-30-07 and today is 1-6-08 and I now have 2.2 corn snakes and 0.1 ball python. I have ordered a rack and have a Herpstat ND for when my corns come off quarantine. I have plans for more snakes which consists of mainly corns but also more BPs and probably a MBK. I have future breeding plans for my Whiteout and my Bloodred when they are old enough and am reading the Cornsnake Morph Guide to help me plan out my future purchases. How is that for a little over a month of being addicted? So...welcome to the club. And no...there is no cure.

LOL Well I got my first corn on 11-30-07 and today is 1-6-08 and I now have 2.2 corn snakes and 0.1 ball python. I have ordered a rack and have a Herpstat ND for when my corns come off quarantine. I have plans for more snakes which consists of mainly corns but also more BPs and probably a MBK. I have future breeding plans for my Whiteout and my Bloodred when they are old enough and am reading the Cornsnake Morph Guide to help me plan out my future purchases. How is that for a little over a month of being addicted? So...welcome to the club. And no...there is no cure.

Just saw your post now, but you have snake fever even worse than me, Kim!

my progression:
Feb '06, deathly afraid of snakes
Apr '06, purchased my '05 Striped Mot
Oct '06, won my '06 Okeetee at a Reptile Show
Dec '06, purchased '06 Normal
Jun '07, '06 Normal died
Sep '07, purchased '07 Lav & '07 Normal
Sep '07, given '04 "Classic"
Oct '07, purchased another '07 Lav & '07 Amel
Nov '07, given '07 Hypo(?)
Nov '07, bought '07 Amel Mot & '07 Mystery
Dec '07, bought 3 '07 Aztecs

So in less than 2 years I've gone from afraid to 13 snakes
and more on order..

Welcome to this wonderful addiction

I'm glad to see it's not just me! :)

Right now caging space is an issue. We're using critter cages right now, but we're about out of surfaces to set them on. I proposed the rack systems to my hubby, but he nixed that idea - he doesn't like the look of them. He said he wants to be able to observe the snakes in their cages. So I suggested the clear plastic bins. He said no, because he doesn't want me stacking bins full of snakes all over the house! :rofl:

Sooo, he wants to order some of those stackable display cages, like the boaphile ones. So right now, it looks like I am limited to the number of expensive cages we decide we want to buy. :( This might end up costing quite a bit of money. ;)

LOL I was going back and forth back and forth between the ideas of getting cages or racks. Then I realized how many more snakes I could have if I got a rack. I also live in an apartment which means limited space so the racks won out. One day when I move into a house I plan on staying in I intend to have at least a few in display cabinets/cages (as the vibrant colors of corns makes them perfect for this) but will still mainly use cabinets.

Back