• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I want another corn!

Prairie Orca

Despite the fact that I've promised my mom that I'll only have the one snake until I get my own place... I can't resist the fact that I want another one or two corns. For the most part I want to get an anery and an opal. Should I bother asking my mom, or should I just shut my mouth and wait until I move out? (Which would take five to ten years, considering I plan to live in this house while going to university and stuff.)

I feel quite selfish for asking that kind of question... :uhoh:. What makes me feel even worse, is that my mom has a phobia of snakes.

My advice is definitely live at home while you go to university.

Since you are gonna be home that long, wait a little while. Show your mom that you are responsible by taking good care of your snake and that she won't know it is there unkess she looks in its viv. So she has nothing to be afraid of.

Then some time down the road, ask her to let you get a second.

Yep, that is my advice as well.:)
My family didn't like snakes in the beginning but after persistence and proof that I could handle it I ended up with a lot of little snakey buddies! My family is even remotely interested in them now.

it doesn't hurt to ask, the worst she can say is no. If your paying for everything and show that everything is set up.And that the tank is really well put together so there no way of the snake ever getting out. i don't know what age group your going for but if its a baby, then i would also remind her its a very small snake. and she doesn't even have to see it. then Maybe she might say yes.

My mother HATES my snakes and freaked out over peek a boo the one my father found. she yelled at me for weeks. she still does still hate snakes. but doesn't mind that i get more (i now have 3) but i can only have them under 3 rules. 1 i have to pay for everything. 2 i NEVER keep the frozen mice where she can see them. 3 If the snakes gets out of its cage i better find it before she does.

I suppose I could try and ask her once I have enough money to afford another one. I've got similar rules to what darkmorning1's mom has:

1. I pay for everything.
2. Keep the frozen mice well hidden.
3. If the snake escapes, I pay for her motel room until I find my snake.

Main thing you should concider is what will you do with your snakes when you are away for a few days at uni and the snakes need feeding/helping etc. will your mum help you or will they just have to wait ?

I could probably get one of my friends, or my own sister, to make sure that they're doing okay while I'm away. If they want me to pay them to do care for my snake(s), I'd be fine with it.

Plus with university I -should- be home every night, unless I'm going out somewhere.

All in all, I do know what to expect later on. It's just a matter of convincing my mom. ... :twohammer

Back