• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I Wish My Snakes Ate Rude People :)

Aubrey

ROCKSTAR REPTILES
This forum is a resorce for begining to advanced corn snake enthusiasts. If you feel you know everything there is to know about the subject, you more than likely dont know anything about herpticulture and where your place is within it. Its up to us to inform the people who are new to the hobby as well as the rest of the scale fearing world about the pleasures we have found in keeping our unique and amazing pets. You will not promote the hobby by being a punk know it all, jackass. (stubern donkey) You arent the only person who has experience with these animals and some people might do things different than you do, but that doesnt meen you should cut them down, because there is always somthing you can learn by listening and retaining information relayed by others. So please If you dont have anything nice to say SHUT UP!

I can see where you're coming from, but you've got to keep in mind that this is a community made up of hundreds of active members, and thousands of less active ones. Neither you nor I can reasonably expect all members of a community to conform to what we consider appropriate or desirable. Does everybody in your municipality or workplace conform to your standards? This is a discussion board, and disagreement is often a constructive form of discussion. This forum is what WE, the members, make it. As individual members, we can attempt to influence the way it operates, but we should not be too disappointed when we find that our influence only extends so far.

Here are two recent threads that might give you some idea of how individual members feel about member interaction here:

Advice

Replies to "Newbs"

well...

yes and no, I can see your point clearly, yet you have to consider what was said and why! Sometimes you can set people off. I know people on this forum that in the early days I too thought they sure had an attitude and I'd love to give them a good knock. But if your patient, and try to learn more about people and how to converse with them. You'll see that they do indeed have lots to contribute. It really boils down to having tolerance and trying not to be so sensitive to what others say. From what others are posting here, I'm assuming you must have had some incident here on the forums. So just swallow your pride, and keep trucking, and drop being defensive. I too have made my outbursts on here and just have to go with the flow. Take her easy buddy! We are all on the same boat here!

I too can understand your point. And it's not a bad one either. But, since we're on the topic of being rude in a post you made in this thread : http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35554

I found this comment to be extremely rude and degrading;

Aubrey said:
Quick everybody look busy! Jesus is comeing! lol hahaha silly Christians, with their trees and bunnies and shotguns. lol
I'd like to point out that whilst I am a Christian I do not own a shotgun or a 'bunnie'. My sister does own a rabbit, but that is another point altogether. :)

just a thought...

hana

I'm sure he'll be along soon enough. I just can't seem to get rid of that one.. :rolleyes: hehe :grin01:

hana

You guys are right, and I didnt have a tiff. It was spawned by another thread that I read. I am an adult and no not to sweat the small stuff, because its all small stuff, but I have only been here a couple days and have seen some hefty thrashings going down. I will leave it at this, I will not down anyone, and apperantly its not safe to stand up for someone. So Ill just stick to the topic of snakes and quit being an instigator. I apologize, I respect you all and Im thankful to have your help. P.s. the Christian thing was a joke and I was talking about easter bunnies and x-mas trees (uncalled for even though the thread was called 666)

Back