• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

i wonder..

jasons corn

I wonder ...people say that there corns are active and hang out around the tank and all ..but my 2 dont go out or are never even seen on the aspen....there always in a secure hide or under the aspen...why is that ...i had a ball python...he died.. when i had him...he was out alot hanging around...these two...just sit there and dont do anything... i heard that you drop a few drops of gatorade or powerade in there water and they become more active...but has anyone here tried that method ?

Thanks in advance,

Jay Ferreira

go to my site...im 14 years old and im a race car driver
www.freewebs.com/jay1089 :)

Well . . .

I hadn't heard of that . . . but I wouldn't try it. That's just corns for ya . . . they like to hide. Actually they have different personalities. If you haven't had yours very long they may not be comfortable yet. Are they housed seperately?

Hi Jay
How old are your snake?. I read that sometimes when the get older some start to hang out. My is still a babe so it hangs out in the hide too,
Good luck :cheers:

try getting up at about 2 or 3 am, there's a pretty good chance they'll be out and about:)

Mine hides too

I have had my adult corn for about 3 weeks now. He hides all the time and doesn't want to come out at all it seems. I tried to pick him up today for some play time and he latched his tail onto the fake tree thing I have in his viv and was not at all interested in hanging out with me. Any suggestions on how to get him more comfortable with me instead of hiding all the time?

a bit more time...

We've had ours for about 2 months now and at first she hid in the aspen shavings and we wouldn't see her at all. About a month ago she started poking her head out around 6pm each evening and just watching - actually very cute! Now she comes out, cruises the tank and lays on her 'tree', but again only in the evenings.
Give it a bit more time...I believe I read that as they get older they tend to be less shy as well.
We love watching 'Angel' and hopefully yours will become less shy too.
Deb

Jenlichtenfeld said:
I have had my adult corn for about 3 weeks now. He hides all the time and doesn't want to come out at all it seems. I tried to pick him up today for some play time and he latched his tail onto the fake tree thing I have in his viv and was not at all interested in hanging out with me. Any suggestions on how to get him more comfortable with me instead of hiding all the time?

Handling, lots of handling. Start with short periods, and work your way up to longer ones. The older corns tend to calm down pretty quickly with regular handling.

put a used article of clothing in their viv overnight so that they can get used to your smell and realise that it is not the smell of a threat, try it, it worked wonders when i first got silas, it will probably help your corn to be less afraid of you

Back