• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

ID help please

ReptiHabitat

StyroFoam Artist
This is my male That I bought from breeder at the WNY Herp Show Here in NY. I thought I bought a Double Het Snow Corn. Thats what I was told and it was marked but Now I have read some books and it doesnt match and I have gotten a few questions on what he is. Please help. He is reddish in color has very dark red stripes going whole length of body, his stomach is very light orange to white with no black.

Attachments

• male1.JPG
    male1.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 124
  • male2.JPG
    male2.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 123
  • male3.JPG
    male3.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 123
  • male4.JPG
    male4.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 123
I'm no expert, but I'd say you've got an amel stripe. If they were informing you correctly about his genetics, then he is 'het for' (carries the gene for producing) snow, should you choose to breed him.

No snow in that boy. He is a normal colored corn snake with a stripe pattern.

I don't think he's amel. I think he's a normal stripe. He very well could be het amel and anery- you'll know if you breed him! People will sell off those older proven breeders once they have babies of the target morph raised up to breeding age. Like my Bacon- a normal het opal stripe. Once you _have_ opal stripes to breed, you can let the hets go.

looks like a normal stripe....most likely het for snow if that's what you were told (het's aren't visible)

Thanks for the help. I will find out when I try to breed him with my female albino stripe. here are some pics just in case I was told she looks like a an albino motley. So I am unsure. But this is the female I will breed to the male above.

Attachments

• female3.JPG
    female3.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 105
  • female2.JPG
    female2.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 105
  • female1.JPG
    female1.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 106
Sorry, not albino. Normal color motley. Still very nice snakes, both of them.

See this is were I get confused, I was told orange eyes and white bellys mean she is Albino. But then My other juvi I just rescued a few weeks ago, Looks like a rev Okeetee but he also has orange eyes and a white belly. So I have no clue now lol. Let me guess this guy is not a rev Okeetee? All these colors and styles make this kinda fun.

Attachments

• pizza1.JPG
    pizza1.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 103
  • pizza2.JPG
    pizza2.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 101
OK, now that is not a Reverse Oketee, but is an albino, or Amel. Amel is probably a better name. Albino can confuse the issue. The picture does not show a white belly but a lightly checkered belly which would indicate Amel, no melanin. Your other snakes will have a white belly, that is a patter characteristic of stripe and motley patterns.

I know it is confusing. Have patients.

Thanks for the time and info on these guys. Now that all 3 snakes are something different than what I thought I had lol I will have to rewrite my signature. I will def have to look up and read as much as I possibly can about colors and patterns. I feel like I know nothing lol. Thanks again for the help.

The first snake looks like a normal stripe. As you were told he is het snow, that means he is het for amel and for anery.

The second snake looks like an amel motley to me from the pupils I can see. A better shot of her head and eyes can confirm this.

Reverse okeetees are a line-bred form of amel that emphasizes large white borders. Your boyo is lacking those characteristic borders and so does not quite qualify for R.O.

Apologies to the original poster; the male is quite obviously too dark to be amel. I should stay off the computer when it's so late. My apologies again.

I believe the male and female from the first 2 post were breeders when I purchased them. they were both over 4 ft long. I think I recall him saying the male at least was. I guess I will find out then I breed him to her. If i get half snakes that look nothing like the mother or father then they are het? right? of not I will still have some cool snakes to trade off or sell for others?

The first snake looks like a normal stripe
The second snake looks like an amel motley (most people use the term amel [amelanism] rather than albino)
The third snake looks like an amel

I believe the male and female from the first 2 post were breeders when I purchased them. they were both over 4 ft long. I think I recall him saying the male at least was. I guess I will find out then I breed him to her. If i get half snakes that look nothing like the mother or father then they are het? right? of not I will still have some cool snakes to trade off or sell for others?

Do you know of any het's for the female? If your male is het for snow (anery and amel) your outcome of breeding the 2 would be...

(note I'm ignoring the pattern mutations for now (stripe and motley), as I'm unsure how the stripe + motley might or might not play with eachother...someone else might be able to help there)

normal het snow x amel = amels ph anery, normals het amel ph anery ( think I did that right)

got a head shot? I'm guessing everglade rat snake for the first one.

It's not orange eyes that indicate albino, but red/pink (iris and pupil), like those creepy white rabbits.

head shots of #1

Attachments

• 0921081527(4).jpg
    0921081527(4).jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 40
    13.7 KB · Views: 40
  • malehead1.JPG
    malehead1.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 40
wellllll I believe everglade rats are much more yellow, so I'm changing my opinion to normal stripe corn. Since I don't own either, it's still not the best guess in the world
: p

Back