• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I'd Love Your Imput...

Bloodred Dad!

Proud Parent
I've been thinking for a long time now, that I would get a second snake. I have one now, a male bloodred. However, I am really getting addicted to the whole snake parent thing. I'm not one to take on such a responsiblity rashly, so I've carefully evaluated the situation and I've decided that I can do it.

My point? I would like to get a female and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to what morph of female might be nice with my bloodred. I've thought of a lot of different options, but sometimes other's helping you think of something you might not have thought of is always good. :)

I'd love to hear what you think...

Well, if your goal is to breed and produce visual morph babies, the only thing you could get that will produce any morph is something that is het or homozygous for Bloodred/Diffuse. That'll produce more bloodreds and/or het for bloods.

A granite, pewter, fire or hypo blood would be nice (and not cost the earth); depends on what you like.

You really need to decide if you are thinking of breeding at some point. If so make sure you look into it a lot and ask a lot of questions before setting up for it. Otherwise if your just looking for another pet there are so many great looking snakes out there and since you wont be keeping the two in the same cage you don't really need to work about how the two will look together.

A granite, pewter, fire or hypo blood would be nice (and not cost the earth); depends on what you like.

Sounds great thanks. And there is some enjoyment out of seeing my snakes and their offspring. It's something that I'm not going to be doing for a while, but it's something I know that I will be doing... Thanks for your imput...

Back