• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

ID & Pairing

vovalyosha

Хоккей и
When I initially got Vladimir, I was given the option to get his parents as well. I was an IDIOT and didn't, but I had been talking back and forth with the guy. Turns out, the person who gave them all to my friend initially (and did the breeding at that time, producing Vladimir and his brothers and sisters), wanted the parents back and wouldn't take no.

Anyways, we are trying to figure out what, as much as possible, the parents were so we can address any possible hets for Vladimir. I don't have a partner yet for him, so does anyone know what might work best for Snows? Everything we come across produces normals, which is fine, but it's the F2 generation we are trying to work out. I was hoping to pair her with a snow het stripe or lavender, but because of the mystery hets... (Obviously the parents' hets are loopy as well, since we can't get a hold of the guy with them)

Anyways, Vladimir is a (I almost typed snormal) normal snow corn, with the heightened pink of the bubblegum snow corn. I understand this is a HUGE shot in the dark, we can provide physical details, since we were too ignorant to take pictures and document the babies. (Only one baby, Vladimir, survived from that clutch due to the delicate situation, so his survival was more important than documenting the babies' morphs at the times)

Sire:

Dam:

Baby Vladimir when he was a year old: :cry:

Both parents are amels that were apparently het for anery, which is how you got a snow. Beyond that, there's no way to tell.

So even if the mother has black eyes, she is still considered to be an amel?

One of the snakes in the second photo has *black* pupils? Because I see two orange/red snakes with WHITE saddle borders which means they should both be amels. The first picture, the male, *might* be a hypo or low black normal.

There is only one snake in the second photo, and she does indeed have black pupils. She's also very pink and purple and my main suspect for Vladimir's high pink colouring.

These were very large, the male a touch under 6 feet and the female is (when we last checked back in April) 6' 3", both 2005. I don't think they are related, but who knows. Thank you for all the help, Shiari. :)

Were you measuring by sheds? Because those can be upwards of 25% longer than the actual snake.

Nope, it's their actual body length. They were in a huge 105g and would lay along the sides, so we kept fairly accurate measurements.

13362986338850309120714.jpg

No way this snake has black pupils. It's an amel in blue or I'm Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer!

THIS snake...

13362986266650309120716.jpg

may have black pupils! If so, then it's most likely a hypo het for amel and anery. Can you remember anything at all about the variety of morphs in the clutch, such as only 2 kinds or up to 5 kinds? Of course, neither photo is ideal for morph identification.

The father (second picture in the post) had black eyes, but so did the mother. Unless the lighting was just terrible every time I saw her, but it could very well just be that.

They produced amels, anerys, and snows every single time. Out of the two clutches I personally saw to this year back in the Spring, we had two odd-coloured amels, but I had chopped it up to late bloomers.

I knooooooow, I should have taken better pictures. :cry: I feel terrible about it, but I ended up getting a hold of the guy who had the mother and father now. An amel that is het anery & hypo, and a Snow that is het hypo both resulted from this mommy and daddy.

Back