• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Idea's for more room

mfetters

Hi Everyone,
I am new to this site, having great fun and getting great ideas. I love to make my own cages for my reptiles, but now I am getting into raising some corns again. I have built a 4 ft by 2 ft by 20 inches tall cage for my one adult female corn. I am now getting 6 more snakes, a few younger ones, and the rest I would say sub-adults. I was wondering if I took and split up the one cage into 4 equal sections if this would be enough room.

I have thought about starting a rack system but I enjoy looking at my kids when I go about my day.

I want to make sure that everyone has enough room to move around and stay fit.

Thanks for any ideas
Melissa Fetters

I personally wouldn't want my corns in something that is a 1 foot by 2 foot section, since that's smaller than a 20 gallon tank. Why not actually divide into two 2 x 2 sections and even add a divider so that they're only 10 inches high each? That still gives you four cages and each snake would have a 2x2 space. I know dividing top/bottom is difficult, but it could work. You could also build a few more cages that are only 10 inches tall and stack them on your other one? I love to see my snakes too :) But I am at the point where I have to get a rack for now, if not just for my ball python who needs a more "secure" feeling cage.

I was thinking it would be to small, I guess I will just split it down the middle and put two there and break down and look at racks...
I want my kids to be comfortable...and happy..
anyone know a good rack system?
melissa

I am going to buy from http://www.apcages.com/
There's lots on there that are not listed either, you just have to ask. Nanci has racks from there that are not pictured, and they are nice looking and easy to decorate still!

Where did you pick up the animal plastic set up?
I am still looking around and trying to come up with something...
I would like to pick up a good group of snakes to give me a good range of color but hubby doesnt want alot of cages....
melissa fetters

Animal Plastics ships to your door. I already have a second one ordered I liked the first so much.

Is the Animal Plastic the name of the company?
I also had a brain storm last night, looking around my house and wondering waht I could adjust to fit my needs. I spotted my book shelves, couldn't I use good size book shelves? I would need to support what would be the floors of the cages somehow and make frames for the doors, but I believe I could come up with something.
They should be big enough
Melissa

Thanks Alaya,
I took a look around the site, like what I did see. I believe I will go with something like that when I start having producing babies. I had my husband look at some of the vivs on here and we are going to go out and look at some cabinets later today.
I like the Ikea one that I just was looking at...now I need to find that person and see if I can get some details...
Thanks again
Melissa

Back