• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Identification Needed

brandersen

I like to surf around local big market pet stores to see if they have any rare or interesting corn snakes. (That is where I got my gold dust) Today I found this little guy and was wondering if anyone can help me to identify him. I have an anery and I know that this is different. His saddles are a little more copper in color. I suspect possibly an ultramel anery. Also the shape of his saddles are very unusual. (His belly is checkered.) What do you think he is?

Attachments

• Unknown #1.png
    Unknown #1.png
    254.2 KB · Views: 151
To me it looks like a normal anery, he looks too dark to be an ultramel anery. He has a really neat patern too! Im not sure what that would be called, hopefully someone here will know. Nice find! All I can find at my pet stores are normals and amel

Look real close at his eyes...All the young ultramel anery A's I've ever seen have blue eyes with discernable ruby colored pupils...They can be dark; we're really just scratching the surface of variability amongst almost all morphs out there :)

What he'd be, if I saw him at the pet store, is "mine". He is seriously one attractive critter.

I have an anery and the color pattern on this is much different. I'm not sure if this one is just very light or if it has some unusual genes hidden in it, but it was very interesting. I just have to decide what to do because a reptile expo is set for mid-April and I have only one lonely 20 gallon that needs an inhabitant. My real goal is a tessera or a blue, but I don't know if I will ever find one. I'd hate to pass up on this one though.

The saddles sort of have that Sunkissed squareness to them, and that could account for the lighter color as well. The head pattern is sort of Sunkissed, with the shorter nose and dots over the eyes, but not what I would jump on and say is Sunkissed. Another view od the head and neck would be nice so we can double check how squared-off or motley-esque that first neck saddle is. My first impression was to say "ghost", but it's a darker one and those saddles...?

It isn't a motley because of the checkered body but it does have a very similar appearance to a ghost and I think that is the closest I've seen to it.

It isn't a motley because of the checkered body but it does have a very similar appearance to a ghost and I think that is the closest I've seen to it.

Sunkissed motleys are, actually, rather 'famous' for having belly checkers.

I think you should buy it.

It boils down to two options. Do you prefer to know what's in the snakes you buy, and therefore can make proper choices down the raod if you decide to breed it. Or, do you prefer the grab bag scenario where you have no idea what gens are in your snake? I will always choose the first option, unless a snake is just so mind blowing that I can't pass it up.

To me (and I think certainly to others) there's obviously anery A in there. Definitely no ultramel - too dark. I agree with the possibility of sunkissed. But another thing to remember the amount of variability there is for any morph. I have a beautiful anery girl with dark borders, and a ghost who is only slightly paler. What you could be looking at is simply an awesome anery. I suppose you'll just have to roll the dice to find out!

Back