• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Identification please!

Tangoman

This is the latest of Tango. Now a shed is VERY imminent so that is affecting his colour but can someone give me the definitive dientification of what he actually is? I had some confusion about Oketee/Miami/Normal etc!

Attachments

• Tangogood.jpg
    Tangogood.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 104
Not a miami, but I'm conflicted between normal and okeetee. Those black borders look like they're going to be kind of thick. Nice snake nonetheless!

See what I mean! Nobody can agree! :nope: ;) Thanks anyway.
So an Oketee is not a Normal? Confused!
OK, I will, for the sake of clarity refer to him henceforth as a normal.

An Okeetee IS a normal, and so is a miami, but a specific kind. Okeetee are brighter than the average normal, with thick black borders, and their name comes from the okeetee hunt club where that look of snake was first found. Nowadays, most okeetees that express that look are not from that area, and some locality snakes from that area don't neccisarily express that look. It is confusing. Miami corns are also normals that tend to have a lighter tan or grey background. I would say that yours is also a normal, and a very nice one at that too. :)

I'm going with DAND, looks like it may be an exceptional normal.
And yes, Tangoman, Okeetee's are normal. As I've said before "Okeetee" is a much abused monicker these days. Your snake could develop a rich orange color with Nice black borders and be called Okeetee by todays standards. I'm "old school" and refer to "Okeetee" only if it came from the Jasper Co. Hunt club area, regardless of it's beauty.

Back