• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Identify these new guys

SteveAlbert

Found these at a petstore was wondering if you guys can give me a hand identifying them. Petstores here have a tendency to brand things differently(Saw a yellow ratsnake being sold as a caramel corn).

1. My Guess is an amel stripe - labeled as Hypo Ligne . Maybe hypo stripe(i can't tell the difference)

IMG_00001001.jpg

IMG_00000998.jpg

2. This is labeled as a Pastel Motley - All Pastels online had a checkered Belly - this one was clear

IMG_00001000.jpg

IMG_00000995.jpg

3. Labeled as Sunset - will try to get a better picture. The colors seem dark and not very shiny

IMG_00001002.jpg

4. No Black or white. Clear belly.

IMG_00000994.jpg

First one is a hypo stripe, second one looks like a motley ghost and the last one may be a bloodred motley with the side diffusion and clear belly.

Second one may be a hypo anery motley as well because of the yellow running down the side.

I think they are exactly what they were labeled.
The first is a hypo stripe, the second is a pastel motley (the motley gene takes out the checkers on the belly), I don't k ow enough about sunsets to answer the third, and the last appears to be a normal motley.

1. Hypo Stripe. (Amel stripe would have red eyes and the snake would be very orange)

2. Motley, no reason to believe it is not Pastel.

3. Motley. Joe Pierce at one time had a line of what he believed was a new variety of hypo, called Sunset. I don't know if this snake is from that line, but it looks Hypo to me. Or it could be normal, too.

Thanks guys, that's alot of help!!!

Nanci - Ugh obviously red eyes for amel - doh!!!

If anyone feels they can argue against anything , let me know :>

I did not produce any of these snakes, to my knowing.

These are guesses:

The first one, to me, looks like a rootbeer stripe (non-amel version of cremesicle).

The second seems to be a ghost motley. (hypo anery). The markers/pattern indicate to me that a future pairing with stripe .

The 3rd looks like some maybe emoryi influence again, & 4th, I cannot tell,
lighting in indirect natural light would make better photos for #3 &4.

But like I said, I do not know. These are guesses only.

Can't edit my post. Whats this Emoryi you speak of? Little google search comes up with some rat snakes. Are we talking hybrid or what exactly? What should i be looking for, or better yet, what should i take a picture of, close up of the face i suppose.

Back