• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

If the snake does not emerge from the egg within 24 hours, what should I do?

So yesterday 2 eggs piped! i have checked them twice and they seem to be making minimal progress. What should I do if they are not out within the 24 hour time period?

Are the noses out? Can you see them breathing? I had some babies a couple weeks ago that I was _sure_ were not coming out ever. Way over 24 hours. It's hard not to worry. The less you bother them, the better.

Are the noses out? Can you see them breathing? I had some babies a couple weeks ago that I was _sure_ were not coming out ever. Way over 24 hours. It's hard not to worry. The less you bother them, the better.
The noses are out and i have checked them twice since they first piped. They have changed positions but I cannot visibly see them breathing. It will be 24 hours at 8 o'clock this morning, so hopefully I'll have at least one little snake by then.

My feelings are- if they can't make it out of the egg themselves, they probably, most likely, aren't viable anyway. I wouldn't want to "help" one out, and then it wasn't meant to live. If it's a normal healthy baby, after it slits, it needs to breathe, get its lung filled with air and working, absorb all the egg yolk and disconnect, and then it will come out. You especially don't want to interrupt the process of disconnecting from the egg stem.

Ive been checking up on him in the egg and all of the embryo is finally absorbed! He just took a little while to come out haha. YAY! Thanks for replying guys!

By not checking constantly I mean every 4-6 hours or so, after they slit. Longer if you can stand it.

Back