• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

i'm addictted!!

iluvmybiff

Could anyone point me in the direction of these beautiful Puget Sound Blue Garter?

I have come across some pictures and i fell in love.

Anyone have one of these gorgeous snakes?

Please post pictures if you have any.

Help much appreciated! :) thank you very very much!

Amanda.

I saw a Blue garter at my local reptile show a few months back and was shocked at how blue it was. I came so close to getting it but having second thoughts, decided against it. Of course I've been back to the show a few times since then and haven't seen the dealer again.

They truly are awesome looking snakes. Good luck with getting one.

Whoa! Those are gorgeous! I've always love the San Francisco garter, but said that they are so rare (endangered?)....mmm blue snakes!

Just a little fyi:

I spoke with Scott Felzer on the phone today, and he does not have Puget Sound blue garters available this year. His lists are full. His site says that he has adults for sale (that's what I was inquiring about), but I guess that's not the case, and he said that he needs to update his site...

Okay thanks. any other ideas about where i could get one?

Not really. If you needed ( ;) ) some this year, you could always put "wanted" ads on faunaclassifieds.com and kingsnake.com. You could do the same on thamnophis.com-- it's a really cool garter snake site. Additionally, you could just watch all of those places (especially thamnophis) for sales ads. I'm going to wait on Scott for the 2.2 I plan to get.

You should also keep in mind that my deceased pair seem to have been the exception to the rule as far as coloration goes. I guess that most very young Puget Sound garters don't have striking blue coloration. It usually takes time to develop, and not all of them do. It's not an easy thing to predict either. The most intense blue adults can produce ho-hum offspring, and the dullest adults can produce intense blue offspring. In Scott's exact words: "it's a crapshoot."

hahah awesome :)

i'm thinking that i might just wait. it might be more realistic i a while. but i will check those sites. Thank you! :)

I love the look of garter snakes. Any of them!! So even if they arent as vibrant as yours were i could deffinetly live with any of them!!

Thank you again so much!!

Back