• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Im back :) Please read... ?'s at the bottom

LindsayMarie

Been here awhile
Hi everyone, I sure missed cornsnakes.com community. I ended up getting thrown out of my own home with my daughter with no where to go. I had to go home with my parents for my daughters sake. In that time I got rid of every snake I had and I had top of the line adults, sub adults and hatchlings. This was in july or so of 2008(?). My main focus at the time was making "peach", mystery project. I owned 2 f2's and bought the original parents, the 1.2 hypos. Plus tons of hatchlings including mystery amber bloods, peaches, hypo lav charcoal bloods. I also had top of the line blood, hypo bloods, granites, granite stripes etc from Rich Hume. My animals were just about ready to breed and I had several clutches in 08 and boom, BREAKUP and I had to part with all my babies, it still makes my eyes water when i think about it too much.

Now I am thinking of getting a handful of top of the line animals and kind of starting again. I cannot let it turn into hundreds of them though!lol A couple questions for everyone! What seems to be the top three morphs in your opinion? Do you have any high end corns for sale? If so how much, could we work out a deal?! Also anyone have the mystery project for sale? The genes that seem the most popular esp when mixed in with other genes are cinder, lava, strawberry, sunkissed, tesserra, stripes, dilute, motleys. I am trying to see what I would like to make by looking on iansvivarium, to see whats eye pleasing!

I will post some ideas later or tomorrow. Also would be interested in working a project with someone, if they would rather not have to holdback entire clutches. I am reputable, loyal and would never mess up a deal. I dont have alot of money but I am trying to do this right. If you can help in anyway please pm me! Thank you for listening, Lindsay

How would you define the 'top three morphs'? It's a purely personal decision. Buy what you love, not what someone else likes, if you mean to have snakes as pets.
If, however, you mean to try to buy the most popular, best selling, high value corns, surely you know very few people make a profit from breeding corns?

Do you have any high end corns for sale? If so how much, could we work out a deal?!
I dont have alot of money
It might help get more responses if you outlined the kind of deal you're thinking about.

At the moment, it sounds like you want some expensive snakes that you can't afford, and you're trying to get them cheap. I'm sure that's not the case and that you're looking to make it worth a seller's while to maybe drop the prices and (for example) take a share of any future clutches (not that this specific scenario would work, as in three years time everybody else will be breeding today's new morphs as well and the price/value will have gone through the floor).

People are definitely getting the wrong idea! I will explain better a little later. Right now I have to leave for another ultrasound on my miracle baby :)

How would you define the 'top three morphs'? It's a purely personal decision. Buy what you love, not what someone else likes, if you mean to have snakes as pets.
If, however, you mean to try to buy the most popular, best selling, high value corns, surely you know very few people make a profit from breeding corns?

Im not looking to make a profit. All my snakes, and furry animals are my pets.

By not alot of money I was keeping in mind I needed to buy snake racks, supplies, food etc. So the amount I can spend on the snakes is a little lower. But still possibly over a grand for the right deal. Im not the person to try and rob somebody.

At the moment, it sounds like you want some expensive snakes that you can't afford, and you're trying to get them cheap. I'm sure that's not the case and that you're looking to make it worth a seller's while to maybe drop the prices and (for example) take a share of any future clutches (not that this specific scenario would work, as in three years time everybody else will be breeding today's new morphs as well and the price/value will have gone through the floor).

I'd say those at least aren't in the Top Three highest end (i.e. monetary value) morphs, so there should be some reasonable prices out there for you.

Projects including breeding loans are a bit of a sore subject for some members of this board. There was a very trusted member of some years' standing here, who took breeder loans from people and then disappeared with the snakes. She'd even met up with the owners and they trusted her completely (as you'd have to). It's sadly made everyone very wary.

With not a lot of money to throw around, personally I'd say it would be really important to have a firm idea of where your breeding project is going. When you know your target morph you can then know which hets are going to help or hinder you. (For example, with lavender morphs I'd personally say any anery in there seems to cause headaches in working out just exactly what the hatchlings are!)
And then you really have to fight the impulse, which we all know about, of buying different snakes to your project needs just because they are pretty or are a good deal. (Yep, I'm totally guilty of this, which is why I've got a group of snakes I love but had to really rein in my new aquisitions over the last couple of years so I don't get overwhelmed :) )
As Bitsy said, due to some nasty dealings with people who seemed to be totally trustworthy, breeding loans may not be on the cards. Which is no judgement on you personally, but as members on here got royally screwed over they are more reluctant to enter deals now.

"Royally screwed" is far too nice a way to put it. We were lied to, stolen from, and had our hearts broken. There's no circle in hell deep enough to equate the wrath that will be thrust upon her if she ever shows her face again. And I'm still probably being far too nice.

I'm sorry but everytime I read of somebody wanting in on the new hot morphs cheap. It reminds me of a girl I once dated. She had a Dom Perignon & Beluga appetite and a domestic beer budget, needless to say that didn't last long.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back