• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I'm happy now :D

After a month of a hunger strike, my little snake, Irwin, ate a pinkie yesterday. Hopefully he will continue eating without any problems now :crazy02:

Congrats on getting your baby to eat. Did you do anything different this time? Or did he just decide to eat on his own. Good luck on him continuing to eat for you.

Im taking the credit here, but it was actually the pet shop where i originally bought him from that got him eating again. Another local petshop tried, but couldnt get him feeding, I tried a few methods such as heating up the nose of the pinkie, and braining it etc. I was planning to leave him at the shop for a week or two as he was so stubborn when it comes to food. But as i arrived home the phone rang, it was the pet shop ringing to tell me i could collect him anytime because he ate the pinkie with no problems at all.

Hopefully he continues like this :D

Better ask the petstore what they bribed him with! :grin01:

Good luck keeping it up.

you may want to find out what the petstore did to get him to eat. Did they give him a live pink? f/t pink, cut pink, brained pink?

I'd find out what they did to get him to eat for them then follow the same regiment for a few feedings before you try feeding him "just" a f/t. Good luck with your little guy

One other thing. I'd treat him like a new buy, and not try feeding him for atleast 5 days after you took him back. That way you can be sure he has acclimated to his surroundings again and you can treat him like a new snake.

it was a f/t pinkie, and it was just heated slightly. I tried cutting the pink, braining it etc. but he wouldnt eat. I am going to leave him until next thursday again until i feed him. I think that he just had to "remember" how to eat again, and he should *fingers crossed* eat again.

Back