• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I'm so excited. Adding a scale baby!

Dahliasmom2012

Mojo is getting a brother, separately housed of course. I ordered a bloodred male baby from srcorns and he should arrive Tuesday. I'm just enjoying taking care of Mojo so much I decided to get just one more, plus seeing it go from hatchling to adult will be fun.

I will post pictures of him when he gets here. Until then here is one of Mojo, who weighs 85g now from the 66 g she came here as after she came here.
ed8fe17e48568d910e0a352090ef1736.jpg

Aww, look at that face! So lovely. Congrats on the incoming new addition! Good luck with waiting until Tuesday. ;)

Thanks. I love her to bits and I am so excited about Tuesday. I keep making anyone who will listen hear all about the new baby and was telling my 3 year old daughter about him this morning too. Hahaha. She loves Mojo, she watches her and says "WOW! Tail!" and tells her she is beautiful.

Tuesday, hurry up! lol

A bloodred is a great morph to watch grow up. I've always thought they are sort of the ugly ducklings of the corn snake world - they start off brownish with a grey head, but they mature into beautiful snakes.

I have been sending my very tolerant husband pictures of snakes for 2 weeks narrowing down what we wanted to bring home. He loved the color and we are looking forward to taking lots of pictures as he grows. Poor guy is over thinking names. Everything he has suggested so far I can't even pronounce.

lol @ coming up with names. I have the hardest time myself. My honey made it fairly easy as even at 6 months old he always rattles his tail whenever I take him out and when I put him in his box to eat it makes a buzzing sound, kind of like the sound of a bee. So needless to say he's become known as Buzz. My bloodred was much more difficult. We tried a bunch of different foreign words for blood and none of them stuck. But he went through a period where he was kind of a rusty orange color and we started calling him Rusty and that stuck. My girlfriend had no trouble naming her phantom. As a baby, and even now to a lesser extreme, he had a very pink undertone. So she became Pinky right away.

Oh and have fun with your bloodred. It is quite a progression they grow through. Even at 2 years old mine is continuing to get a little darker and richer in color with each shed.

I'm doing a little dance. He arrives tomorrow!

Husband is still going way complicated with names. I was struggling with some Stargate thing he came out with and then my 3 year old nailed it. Maybe it is just me. Loool.

<3 so cute!! can't wait to see pictures!

I know the feeilng, thats why I went off the deep end and got a slew of babies when I finally gave in to corn snakes...

It is just so soothing.. Congratulations on a second one... When is the third arriving? ;)

Congrats! It's nice that your daughter is enthusiastic. I have always liked snakes but it was my daughter (Then 4) who talked me into getting one. I was only going to get one... LOL

Who knows, maybe she will grow up to be that veterinarian I wanted to be. Hehe.

These corns are a bit like potato chips! It's real hard to only stick with just the one.

I'm doing a little dance. He arrives tomorrow!

Husband is still going way complicated with names. I was struggling with some Stargate thing he came out with and then my 3 year old nailed it. Maybe it is just me. Loool.

Congratulations! I had a good laugh at this. I go way overboard with names too, but usually end up with something pretty manageable in the end. It's awesome that your whole family is excited about it too!

He went with Apophis which I kept trying to say Apothis like apothecary which was wrong and my brain was too tired to sort it out. We will be a great deal of fun when we are older and our hearing is going. *snort*

I think the Fed Ex site is getting all sorts of activity as I check his progress from sunny Florida eleventy million times.

I also already texted my husband with the estimated by time of arrival and to remind him to wear pants because he needs to be ready to run down all 3 flights of stairs at a seconds notice! Although if he forgets and does it anyway I am sure at the least the fed ex person will have an interesting story to tell the folks back at the office.

He arrived! I get out of work in an hor and a half so I told hubby to put him in a quiet room and wait for me to unbox. I'm so excited if there wasn't a meeting here today I would ask to bail early!

He is already looking for a way out of the tank. Oh boy. I have a feeling he is going to have one heck of a personality. Hope the clips and velcro keep him in.
1c4fd17f2611e921d6286c789ad92a39.jpg
fe60e4cc16d7601f5d52f288dc90710d.jpg
00a85d0405df5e404e94f472b03af1b0.jpg

Back