• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I'm thinking about ordering from BoaPhile

JennyB

Yes, I know they have a poor reputation for being slow, but I haven't seen anything bad about the quality. Seeing as how it's going to take me a long time to save up the money, and how it's going to take a while for Roo to grow to adult size, the length of time it will take to get here is fine in comparison to the other two factors. I was hoping you guys could tell me what I need to accomadate Roo and any other corn snakes we may get in the future.

I'm looking at this cage for starters with an 11.5" tall pedestal.
http://www.boaphileplastics.com/421t.html

Now, the thing I'm confused about is how does the snake get ventilation?

Which heater would I need for those two cages? And how exactly does the thermostat work? Does it control all the cages? Since these cages are going to block out a lot of sun light, do I need to have lights installed? They're going to be on a wall opposite two windows, so perhaps not...

Okay, so the ventilation issue was answered in the FAQs (funny how that works). There's a gap around the door allowing for ventilation. If we can get the cage in the near future, that raises another question... Can a hatchling escape from the gap?

Hi Jenny,

I have two plastic cages that are 24x24 that sit one on top of the other. I have two 3-inch circular vents on the back of each cage in addition to the ventilation provided by the space around the doors. I still feel that with the additional ventilation the cages, and especially the top cage, get too warm in the summer. You might want to ask if they can install vents in your cages.

I also had small fluorescent strip lights put in my cages. I thought it would be nice to look at the snakes with lights in the evening. The fluorescent lights increase the cage temps too much to use.

It looks like you heat it with a UTH. You could put a big one right in the middle to heat both sides. (If you're using the divider). If you had two UTHs, the thermostat has a probe and both mats plug into it, and you set the temp by the one that has the thermostat probe.

There was just a big thread about Boaphile and Animal Plastics and the consensus was the Boaphile cages (not racks) were worth the wait.

I don't know how custom Boaphile gets, but I was able to have my cages built with windows on the rihgt and left sides for more light. If Boaphile offers glass doors instead of plexiglass I would get that- plexi scratches _very_ easily.

Here's a picture of the backs, with the vents, with the holes for lights and thermostat/temp probes.

Attachments

• Cords 002_600.jpg
    Cords 002_600.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 60
Those cages are from Jungle Plastics Habitats. I ordered my new rack from Animal Plastics. I was originally interested in Boaphile because I was looking for a rack that held 12" tall bins, and they make one, but I really liked APs open-sided Economy Plastic Rack, and I found out through e-mail with them that they make one for 12" bins that isn't on their website yet!

Nanci

Hi Jenny,......
I don't know how custom Boaphile gets, but I was able to have my cages built with windows on the rihgt and left sides for more light. If Boaphile offers glass doors instead of plexiglass I would get that- plexi scratches _very_ easily.

Did you order from Boaphile?

From Nanci reply to you I would think no.

Jenny,
You seem to be a very spirited person. I would suggest taking a breath and research a little more and figure out want you want first and then pursue it.

Enjoy the day

You click on the cages page and go down to the bottom.

Even if I don't get other snakes, I can still get one level for Roo and just take out the divider when he gets older. Like I said, it's going to be a WHILE before we can afford it.

Back