• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Im worried

after alot of consideration i bought a starter kit yesterday.
includes: Heat-mat, Cleaning spray/dissenfectant, hide hole, water dish book viv annd amell cornsnake.

Ive wanted one for a long time now and researched a fair deal into them. I have a large 40 gallon viv for it to live once grown, it is six months old ive been told, and is just over a foot long. I fed him yesterday one fuzzy.

Im worried, yesterday he was very lively, but this morning when i woke up i found him, he had completly burried himself in the bedding, when he eventually came out he curled up in the middle of the tank and didnt move at all for about 4 hours, he took some water and has now hid himself in the hide on the warm gradiant of the tank. he hasnt moved for several hours now, is it me jsut being paranoid or may there be something wrong?!

He's probably just stressed from the new giant home. Add more hides, like toilet paper rubes or small boxes spaced around. Also make sure you have a digital thermometer with a probe and measure the temps right on the UTH. You probably need something to regulate the UTH like a thermostat or lamp dimmer/rheostat.

the viv that he is in now is relativly small, came with the kit 15x12 it looks like,
with two hides.
he has come out again just now, and is lead still in the centre again.

was it a good idea feeding it yesterday? how long will it take for him to settle in?
thanks for your reply.:)

usually its good to give them up to a week to settle before handling. and always give them 48 hrs after feeding.

Back