• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

In Need of Feeder Mice

I have 2 baby Corns as well as a juvi. Corn... I have really come to be stuck in a rut financially. I was wondering if anyone knew of any very CHEAP feeder mice in the San Diego area? One of my babies has only accepted live pinkies but my other baby and my juvi. take frozen. If anyone is able to help me out that would be great. = / Thank you!

In all reality, maybe you should consider giving up the corns if you can't feed them? Babies need LOTS of food often. Live pinkies are hard to find and can be expensive, and frozen ones can be similar. Pinkies can be 1 - 5 grams depending on suppliers or screw ups, and that's a big size difference, especially if you get lots of 5 grams but need 1 grams.

I understand about your concerns but I can't give them up. I actually was able to get my baby to eat a frozen/thawed pinkie, yay! I fed him the tiniest live pinkie and right after I tossed the thawed one and he went straight for it. I found a low cost source of feeder mice, thank you! :dancer:

That's awesome. :)

If you ever need someone to take your snakes temporarily, you can contact me. I'm close to you and wouldn't mind a few extras.

Aw, thank you so much for the offer. I just got a big bag full of frozen mice today from a dear friend of mine who runs a reptile rescue. He was kind enough to give me enough to last a while. = ) Thank you!

Get a hand pump and bags so that you can vacuum seal those. There's nothing worse than having lots of mice and feeling good, then find they went bad 'cause your snakes through them up.

Oh ok, thank you. How long can I keep them in the freezer? Oh and how long can I keep thawed in the fridge I tried feeding my Lavender tonight but she didn't take them, I thought it was weird so I looked at her a little closer and realized her eyes were cloudy. She should be shedding any day now but I don't want to toss them just yet. This is the first time she'll be shedding in my possession so i'm excited. My baby Albino eats even if he is about to shed. Lol! He's a little piggy.

Frozen - (vacuum seal) About 6 months for pinks and fuzzies; up to a year for anything with real fur
Frozen - (non vacuum) about 2-4 months if you're lucky; 6 months for furries

I dunno about the fridge. If one doesn't eat, offer the food to the other. Eating more than normal won't hurt as long as you don't make a habit of it. I figure you can keep it in the fridge for about a day, though, if it wasn't out over night.

I always take my mice out of the freezer the morning I'm going to feed and put them in the fridge. Then I feed my snakes that night. I like putting them in the fridge in the morning so that when it's time to feed it doesn't take as long to warm them up. I warm them up with hot water.

I don't think I would leave the mouse in the fridge more than a day. If a snake doesn't eat one and it hasn't been out very long I just put it back in the freezer.

Back