• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

In shed should I still feed her?

RainbowMary

Hey, leila's been in "blue" since Monday she went clear Friday yet still hasn't shed, normally today would be her feeding day should I still offer her or should I leave it, I know a lot of the time when their shedding they refuse anyway, but would it be any harm if I offered and she did take? since she's so close to shedding? Thanks

It won't hurt to offer. If she isn't in the mood she won't eat.

I always offer, let them decide.

just wasn't sure if it would affect the shed or if her shedding might make her regure or anything......paranoid I know but just making sure.

I have always offered also. There is no harm. Only the possibility of wasting a mouse if they refuse.

I have one that has always refused to eat while in blue. I have stopped offering her food, but only because of her history.

I have always offered also. There is no harm. Only the possibility of wasting a mouse if they refuse.

I have one that has always refused to eat while in blue. I have stopped offering her food, but only because of her history.

That's my snake, also. I tried it once, no go. It coincided again, no go. I just skip it.

One of mine starts refusing a few days before going blue and won't eat until after. One of the babies I'm rehabbing ate fine two days ago while in blue, but I woke up this morning to a shed and a regurge. Regurge was barely recognizable even with just 2 days so I'm pretty sure it was due to the shed.

While we're on the topic of sheds/regurges. Why do they sometimes do it? I understand temps/stress etc. But why does shedding trigger regurges? Any theories?

:O so shedding can provoke regure!? I'm not even going to bother if it can, coz she is RIGHT near shedding......would it be better for me to just wait it out a few days or feed her?

If you are worried about a regurge, then wait.

Feed her the day she sheds. She will be fine without food for a few days.

I've NEVER offered food to either of my snakes during their shed cycles. I'm too paranoid about regurge. Anyways, I've heard stories on both sides of the fence, so I guess it's all up to you. Just do your research and decide for yourself.

Simbi forces me to wait. I usually wait if I know they're blue before thawing the mice. The last time I fed, I discovered that 2 were in blue but I had already thawed their mice. I decided to offer it and let them decide. Both ate, 1 regurged, the other didn't. One of the others is blue now, and due to eat but she gets to wait until next week after she sheds.

Most snakes missing a meal or two won't hurt them at all. Regurging can be really bad if its repeated. Better to wait, especially if there's a history of shed related regurges.

Back