• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

incubation T° fluctuations

luciano

Hi
Does it affect eggs negatively if there is a temp. fluctuation between 78 and 82°F during the incub. period?
Thanx

There's nothing wrong with it, except that the eggs will take longer to hatch.

Personally, with only having 2 clutches to my name, I prefer a long incubation time. I could just be making things up, but those that had a longer incubation seemed larger and more robust than those with a shorter incubation.

i agree with amanda e, i keep mine at a steady temp though of 84 which is fine fine and produces slightly bigger hatchling's (not much but about 1-2inches) which means they shed quicker and eat more sooner and they generally grow to be bigger corn's then those who hatch to quickly.

Albino corn snake site

Even for the clutch I incubated at higher temps, they never were exposed to anything higher than 81F. Took about 70 days to hatch. They were tiny and more than half the clutch didn't accept food until I offered only a pinky head instead of a whole pinky.

The other clutch stayed more around 76-78F and they didn't hatch until almost 80 days. They were huge when they hatched out though. I'd say about 2 inches longer than the other clutch. All but 1 ate their pinkies with no problems on the first try.

Back