• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Indian Python

xKGLVRx

My boyfriend just met a family who was just recently given an indian python. They don't want him anymore, because he struck at the tank when they walked by, (I belive they were messing with him, but that my opinion). They knew we had snakes so they said that if we would trade 2 normal corns for him, they would give us the python, so my boyfriend aggreed. Mainly because the couple said the children wanted snakes, but they were afraid the python would hurt the kids. We don't know much about this breed, so any help would be appreciated. Such as taming a python, housing etc. Thank you in advance for your help!

lol

Yea I was curious about that as well. It turned out he was a mislabeld snake...thank god! He's just a yearling ball python! What I don't get, I held him last night for about 2 hours, and he never even jumped back or was startled. I don't know why they say he just struck at the glass. Poor thing though is 3-4 feet long and was in a 10 gallon tank. They were going to go buy him a bugger tank today (but we took him) It's no wonder he was a little upset! He couldn't stretch out.
Roy, I noticed that the only info I could find was that the indian python was endangered, so I was getting pretty worried about that. I do appreciate your help though!

xKGLVRx said:
Roy, I noticed that the only info I could find was that the indian python was endangered, so I was getting pretty worried about that. I do appreciate your help though!

Actually, it was TrpnBils who helped you. I only offered stupid comments. :)

xKGLVRx said:
I don't know why they say he just struck at the glass. Poor thing though is 3-4 feet long and was in a 10 gallon tank. They were going to go buy him a bugger tank today (but we took him) It's no wonder he was a little upset! He couldn't stretch out.

Maybe they thought he was striking the glass because his face happened to be smashed up against it since the viv was that small :shrugs:

Seriously though, of all the snakes out there that could possibly be confused, I can't even begin to think through the series of events that led to "this snake = Indian Python". There are so many more common pythons (and boas, for that matter), but what's this one from the pet store? It's an endangered snake with the potential to be one of the largest snakes on the planet, of course. I mean, come on...it only makes sense. :headbang:

Back