• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Indonesian Snake-neck Turtle ?

erosdq

I have a question does anyone know where I can get info as in set up for a INDONESIAN SNAKE-NECK TURTLE. I had a painted turtle when I was younger and I was wondering if it’s the same set up. My girl wants a Snake neck turtle and I was going to get her one for her birthday. I just wanted a care sheet and info on there set up for them (tank size, what to put in it etc…). If anyone has any info or knows a site that does. I did some looking online and didn’t find anything that would help.

Thanks

Here is somethings I found.ADULT SIZE

Up to 12"

DIET

In the wild, they are carnivores, eating snails, insects and fish.

TEMPERATURE RANGE (°F)

Air Temperature: Mid to High 80's

Basking Temperature: High 80's to low 90's

Water Temperature: Low to mid 70's

WATER pH LEVEL

6.0 - 6.5

HABITAT

Tidal areas of small streams, swamps, offshore islands and marshes.

DISTRIBUTION

Southern coast of New Guinea to the Fly River and in the Torres Strait.

BEGINNER TURTLE

Yes

CAPTIVE HABITAT

This turtle basks infrequently, so a basking spot will still need to be provided. They prefer deep, soft-bottomed habitats, with a lot of vegetation. Either artificial plants or aquatic plants are suggested. The substrate, if used, should be sand or a fine gravel. UVB lighting is required, as well as a heat lamp over the basking area. A submersible heater is also recommended.

RECOMMENDED ENCLOSURE

Recommended size for a single adult Chelodina Siebenrocki would be a 180 gallon aquarium as a minimum (200 or larger preferred). This will provide adequate swimming area, as well as assisting the filtration in maintaining good water quality. For additional Chelodina Siebenrocki, I would recommend adding 100 gallons of tank space per additional turtle at a minimum.

Stock Tanks and Rubbermaid containers also work well. The same space recommendations remain the same.

CAPTIVE DIET

In captivity, they do well on Mazuri and ReptoMin, Reptile/Pond 10, Cichlid Sticks, fish, crickets and assorted worms and insects.

COMMUNITY HABITAT

It is not recommended that Indonesian Snakenecks be kept in community habitats with species outside of other Snakenecks, however, there have been those that have had success keeping them with various species of the same region.

OTHER INFORMATION

Indonesian Snakeneck Turtles enjoy resting and sleeping in caves or against rocks that allow them to remain near the water's surface. They have been known to bite while feeding, but are not known to be considered 'aggressive' even when handled.

http://www.bestreptilesonline.com/catalog/item/4666568/4746403.htm

Back