• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Infertile Eggs. Is this usual??

WAS1

7 weeks after laying 15 fertile eggs. My Jungle corn has just laid 2 slugs.
I knew there was something wrong because she stopped feeding and has been roaming round her cage for the last 2 weeks. But i didn`t expect this.
Has anyone else had this happen? and why such a gap between the good batch?

From what I hear, retained eggs can take a year to come out in extreme cases. The longest period from 1st to last egg that I've experienced was about 4 weeks. The last 2 slugs may have been a poor attempt at double clutching. Let your snake slide over your hands and you should feel if there are any more left in her.

I`d rather not handle her to find out. This snake is wild and always has been.
I have put her nest box back in tho to see if it will encourage her to lay any eggs that may be left, and hope that works.

Back