• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

interesting situation

Garteaser4

okay here it is... i made a post the other day about how i got a new viv set up for my blue beauty.. and since i got it i ve gotten a little worried. i bought this nice looking limb with some vines coming off of it for my snake. and the inside of it is hollow, and my snake found its way inside of the limb and hasnt come out since... i was thinking she was just in there because she wasnt use to the new environment and was scared but she hasnt come out since yesterday... when i take out the limb i can see her in there and i tried gettin her out cause iw as getting nervous so i tried to gently poke her and she just moves herself around in the limb and repositions herself. now im worried she might be stuck in there. but she might not be because i can see her moving around in side there when i try to give her a little poke... so do you guys think s hes just scared or shes stuck?? i mean i can see her move her body around in there so im not sure if she actually is stuck... what do you guys think? ha i feel stupid writing a post like this but i just wanna make sure shes alright

Don't sweat it, and never feel stupid around here. I have had similar situations before, and they will come out eventually. Once she's out, stuff the limb with paper towels so she can't get back in there :cheers:

I agree. Do not worry and stuff the towels in there when she is out.

Remember the most important thing, There are no stupid questions!

If you've had her for a month or so and feed her on a routine scheduale (ie, every sunday night), she'll most likely come out during feeding time. Check on her then.

If you don't have a routine and you're really desperate about flushing her out, pick up the whole limb (with her inside) and place it in a bigger feeding box, then put the mouse a bit out of reach (leaving a trail of blood or mouse scent towards it should speed things up) - then cover the whole box with a dark towel or cloth (that way she'll still think she's hiding in a dark place when she leaves the log to go for the mouse). Watch and wait and you'll be able to catch her soon enough. Hope that helps :)

Back