• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Introducing Corns together, not sure what's going on

ReversingTime

ReversingTime
Hello, I am new to the Corn Forum. I was hoping if anyone can tell me what is going on with my corns.
I have a common corn which I bought at the pet store about 1 1/2 yrs ago and not sure of it's sex. This past Sunday I bought a new "Male" corn and today I decided to introduce them. I was a bit nervous (I'm not sure if they would attack each other or just chomp on, not sure what is supposed to happen. I first laid my new one down on carpet and then I laid my other one next to it and was watching carefully my other one didn't go to bite the new one, visa versa (not sure if they would or not? Would they?) Then all of a sudden I noticed my other (1st one) all of a sudden started opening it's vent and started to have a clear and creamy stuff come out. At first I was wondering if it's just it's musk coming out or something eles??? It never ever musked before. Is this a territory issue going on or just a "hi, nice to meet you, or is my 1st snake actually a girl and now she is excited to actually meet a male snake for the 1st time? I quickly picked my 1st one up and put it back in cage (didn't want musk or whatever it was coming out on my carpet) My new snake didn't seemed phased at all about anything, it just laid there. They are about the same age and length, etc. Anyone can help me wth this issue? Thank you

Sounds like he pooped.

You don't need to be introducing snakes together for any reason other than breeding, and it doesn't sound like they are old enough anyway.

I agree with Candace, sounds like poop--or, more specifically, urates... Either way, plenty normal.

I also agree that you don't really need to introduce them to each other. More than that, you should quarantine the new snake completely (that means washing your hands between the two, using separate supplies, even keeping the new snake in a completely separate room) for a few months to make sure it's healthy. You wouldn't want it passing any illnesses or parasites to your old snake...

On another note, welcome to the forum! =)

Back