• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Is a 15w heather lamp enough?

Matheus Garrido

Hey guys!

My snakes, terrarium and all was a gift so there was a lot of things to fix for my snakes welfare, like two hatchlings together, a heather rock, wrong bedding and others that I'm fixing slowly.

Today I sold the rock and went to buy a undertank heater asap, but it was very expensive (180 reais, something about 60 dollars) and I was missing 6$ to buy it, so I bought a Exo-Terra's Daytime Heat Lamp, a lot cheaper.

So, here's my question: Is it enough to keep my corn warm? Should I turn it off at night? My brother bought me a Night Time lamp, so both are enough? I don't have it yet so, should I let the lamp on 24/7 until I get it?

The wheater tonight is max 67°F min 56°F. Drake will be ok without any heating?

Thank you guys. Hope you help me.
Bye!

Holy crap I'd return that UTH if I were you, and I'd buy one off of amazon instead. Mine is an extra large 16 x 14" and it only cost me 32$

Whoever sold it to you ripped you off!!

In addition to that I think in general heat lamps are not recommended because, as far as I've read, corns do not require UVB light and having that extra light can stress them out a whole lot, and they also absolutely ruin the humidity.

I've never used a heat lamp before so I can't comment on the effectiveness of them but I'd say just run out to petco or somethig and grab a cheap UTH and that's all you'll really need.

I didn't buy it, and yes, I know, prices here are absurdly high, man. The lamp costs me smtg about 12 dollars. Btw, the ZooMed's rock costs me 'bout 43 dollars. The import taxes are ABSURDLY high.

I'll look for a more appropriate heating source in amazon and see if the costs worth.
Thanks!

I didn't buy it, and yes, I know, prices here are absurdly high, man. The lamp costs me smtg about 12 dollars. Btw, the ZooMed's rock costs me 'bout 43 dollars. The import taxes are ABSURDLY high.

I'll look for a more appropriate heating source in amazon and see if the costs worth.
Thanks!

Gotcha, didn't see you were in Brazil at first. My bad!

I hope you manage to find something budget-friendly!

Until you find the right equipment, your snake will be fine at room temperature unless he just ate. Avoid feeding him until you get the temperatures stable.

I'm trying to improvise a "DIY heater bottle" with an aquarium heater, just for tonight. If it fits well, I post it here. We are very proud of our "brazilian way" (Jeitinho brasileiro, as we say) lol

Back