• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

is anyone going to the baltimore show?

rebel13

hey everyone! I was just wondering if anyone else is going to the baltimore show on sept 14-15, and if they are....
how much would a normal juvie corn be? I'm getting a corn and a leo and is there any advice for taking them back home? We're probably going to drive from Northern VA... so how do we take them back home? thanks if my post is confusing just tell me, because i'm really excited so i may not make sense!

I'll be there :)

It's a great show, and pretty big, so it should be a lot of fun! I've been going every year for a while, and even volunteered a few years.

As for the price of normal corns, a hatchling could be as cheap as $10-15. But of course you'll want to visit some of the bigger breeders' tables and drool over the more expensive kinds too. Last year I discovered to my horror that there is an ATM near that building, and I spent a LOT of money! LOL

Also anything you buy will be put in a bag or container for you, as long as you are going home the same day they should be fine in the car. Just try not to disturb them too much and make sure you let them settle in for a few days at your home before you try to handle them.

Good luck finding your new additions!

When you take your new charge home make sure you don't stop somewhere and leave it in the car, you may end up with a cooked snake. You'd be surprised how many people have done that and then wondered why their snake died. IMHO

hehehe Elaphe_Mo i don't have to worry about an ATM quite yet, my mom will be there, monitoring my spending... i've been thinking and i'm pretty sure i'm going to just get a corn snake at this show, because i don't think i can afford a leo and a corn and an ig at the time... but maybe my parents will spring for one for christmas... or I can get a job after christmas when i turn 14.. (dec28)
if i stay for both days, can I ask the breeder to hold onto the snake until the 2nd day? I don't want to buy it on the first day and have no where to put it...
Thanks! Can't wait for the herp show! maybe i'll c u there...?

The nicer of the breeders might hold a snake for you but you'll probably have to put a hefty deposit on the animal. Well, I don't actually know what I'm talking about because I've never been to a show but I'd imagine that what I said was fair.:D .

I haven't had any problems with the breeders holding the snakes. BUT, you MUST pay for them in full BEFORE they will hold them. Remember that once you leave the building, you cannot bring any animals back in if you return, so make sure you are done shopping! It is a great show and we'll definitely be there.
sue

Back