• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Is feeding double hoppers okay?

Bree

I finally unpacked the scale from my recent move... Bunny has had a growth spurt!

She's 104 grams now, and according to the Munson plan (she's my first snake) she should be eating weaned mice (14-20g)... However, I had just picked up a box of hoppers (8-12g) this afternoon before I weighed her.

Should I just continue to feed her once a week at this size (5 more weeks) and bump up when I purchase my next box? Or should I feed her double hoppers to bring her closer to the gram amount she should be eating?

She votes "more foooood!" btw :uhoh:. I want her to get the nutrition she needs and not feel hungry, but I also don't want to upset her tummy... Two hoppers seems/looks like a lot for some reason. Thanks!

Nothing wrong at all with double feeding. In the wild, a snake will gorge itself if it finds a nest of small birds or mice. Much more than we feed at a single feeding.

I agree. There is nothing wrong with giving multiple food items. I usually only double up to fuzzies with my corns, but I had a lot of jumbo mice left over when my boa was needing small rats, so I just gave him two at a time. Trust me. They won't be any worse for the wear.

Thank you both! I will feed her double next feeding... I know she will be happy about that!

Back