• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

is he blue?

ninasnake

my snake looks dull, his checkered belly ( the dark checkers) are kind of washed out. his colours look sort of brownish, when i first got him he was more orange and red- he is a normal corn. I had him since april and he did not shed yet. he is about 2 years old but ia m not sure. his eyes are clear, not milky.
he eats well, once a week, last time on tuesday.
is it his time to shed?

what special things should I provide for him?
advice apreciated.
nina

thank you

my snake looks dull, his checkered belly ( the dark checkers) are kind of washed out. his colours look sort of brownish, when i first got him he was more orange and red- he is a normal corn. I had him since april and he did not shed yet. he is about 2 years old but ia m not sure. his eyes are clear, not milky.
he eats well, once a week, last time on tuesday.
is it his time to shed?

what special things should I provide for him?
advice apreciated.
nina

thank you

Definitely sounds like it's almost time! I'd go ahead and start misting him every now and then. A dulling of the colors is usually the first sign of a shed, the milky eyes come about 3 days before. Then you'll notice the eyes clear up, and then the full shed. Keep misting throughout the whole process. That always seems to get a nice clean shed for me.

when you say misting, do you mean spray the whole viv or take the snake out and wet him? how many times a day? He has a big water bowl, won't he just soak if he needs to be moist?
It is my first snake , so I excuse my ignorance.
Thank you

when you say misting, do you mean spray the whole viv or take the snake out and wet him? how many times a day? He has a big water bowl, won't he just soak if he needs to be moist?
It is my first snake , so I excuse my ignorance.
Thank you

It's okay. We've all been there! haha. I tend to mist the whole viv. It ups the humidity in the tank to help in the shed. I use a cypress bedding, so I mist when I notice the bedding has lightened back up (is dry). This is usually about once or twice a day. Other people might also recommend taking him out of the viv and soaking him for about 15-20 mins. Some of my snakes like to soak in their water dish, others don't. The ones that don't know from experience that I mist, and don't even bother climbing in the dish anymore! haha.

just as i was typing, he went to his dish, soaked and started diving. Do snakes put their heads under water? mine did. I was afraid that I startled him and he was trying to burrow to escape. all is good and he is out now.

n.

just as i was typing, he went to his dish, soaked and started diving. Do snakes put their heads under water? mine did. I was afraid that I startled him and he was trying to burrow to escape. all is good and he is out now.

n.

They do put their heads underwater to loosen up the skin around the jaw, because that's the first thing they shed.

Cool cause mine is about to shed for the first time any day now! His eyes have been capped over for a few days now... YAY!

Back