• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Is he getting too big?

gonecrazynback

My Cornholio is a year and a half now and lately (last week) he stays outside of his hides for the duration of the day/night. He usually always stays in his hides. I have a cold one and a hot one. Is he getting too big for the hides?

I just... have to take a second to say thank you. Thank you for naming your snake that.

To answer your question, if he's poking out of the sides/openings then he's getting too big. If he can't fit in them at all then he's definitely too big.

Thanks. He still goes in them but he has never spent this much time out of them. When he does go in them, you can barely see him in the opening. I just don't know if it is too uncomfortable. I will get him a bigger cave tomorrow and see if he likes it. If that is not the situation, then he will eventually grow into it.

Maybe you just have a good pet corn. A couple of mine hardly ever hide, but one in particular prefers to find the highest point in his viv and curl up there, out in the open. Some are just nosy like that.

Lots of my adults just like to be out. He's probably just over the flighty scared baby stage.

Back