• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Is he shedding? Or in blue, what are some signs?

So yesterday I was feeding checkers and he seemed very uninterested no matter what I did but he seemed to very active last night and kept rubbing his body against the mouse rather then eating it :p also he striked at me when I was trying to zombie dance his mouse. Does it sound like he's in blue? Also any tips to help with the process, and can I pick him up when he's in blue? And lastly what are some signs that he is in blue? Any help Is appreciated :)

Well most of mine look really ugly when their in blue but the lighter colored ones are hard to tell sometimes (the snow and the ghost) they usually are a bit more reclusive while in blue you can handle them, but I usually don't hold mine much, and mine do eat when their in blue and do just fine. To help make sure the humidity is up, that the water dish is large enough for your snake to coil up in if it wants, you can also provide a moist hiding spot filled with slightly damp paper towels, moss or other sent free non-toxic material.

He will spend a few days in the blue stage and then clear up. After he has been clear for a few days he will shed. The whole process of going into blue, blue and then clear usually takes a week to a week in a half.

However long you guess it will be before they shed, they'll hold off for a few extra days just to mess with you. At least, mine do. :)

Back