• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Is it okay for snakes to be able to see (and be near) pet birds and fish?

JjSnake

I'm wondering if maybe the snakes would get frustrated or something from seeing the pet birds/fish outside of the terrarium. Is it okay if the snake can see the other pets, and is close to them?

I don't think it would be a problem :)
My cats are always checking out the snakes that are on the floor level and so far all has been fine.

I doubt it would notice fish. Birds...I wonder if the scent might bother them? Since birds of prey might eat a snake. I guess so long as the snake is eating and behaving the way it's species should, there's no need to worry. My cat goes into the reptile room occasionally and the snakes and geckos don't seem to be bothered by him.

We had a 20g fish tank next to my husbands ball python. She seemed to stare at it from time to time, but she also seems to stare at the TV. So I do know. I do have some snake tanks next to each other and they dont seem to notice each other!

Thanks for all the responses, guys! :) It sounds in general like I don't have anything to worry about, and if there are any problems they will be easy to spot. My birds are parakeets, so I'm guessing a corn wouldn't consider them predators.

Thanks for all the responses, guys! :) It sounds in general like I don't have anything to worry about, and if there are any problems they will be easy to spot. My birds are parakeets, so I'm guessing a corn wouldn't consider them predators.
No..... I said I would worry about the dander...
It might be better to place a snake in the cleanest air available... IMO..

I would be worried about the dander from birds.. Other than that, it wouldn't really bother me.

Back