• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Is it weird that my cornsnake is active during the day, but sleeps all night?

JjSnake

I thought they were supposed to be nocturnal, and sleep for most of the day.

I think it's awesome that he's active during the day, but I just wonder how common it is. He seems very healthy and seems very happy. I've only had him for a couple of weeks, but already he seems comfortable with his new surroundings, and he's not afraid when I hold him.

New arrivals can either be more adventurous or more shy. They're individuals and some do grow up to be more active during the day. Haven't seen it in any of my current bunch, but there are always the lovely oddballs who just don't like conforming to "The Rules"!

Of my two, Nuka the normal has what I consider perfectly regular corn behavior; hides all day, explores a bit and hangs out on his ledge at night.

On the other hand Soul, my little snow, is usually up about half the day slithering around, going in and out of his hides, hanging out in his water bowl and whatnot. I can see him right now in fact, he's trying to climb to the top of his hide.

Considering their temps are the same, they're on the same feeding schedule, and Nuka's only about a month older (and has been here maybe a week longer), I think it's just snake quirks and taking longer to adjust to things. Everyone reacts to things differently, same goes for snakes I guess.

My Rune was fairly active during the day. He would cruise around on his branch and "hang out" so to speak lol.

Back