• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Is it worth Buying Frozen pinkies in bulk?

spleenchild

Hi, I'm a bit of a newb but I only have 1 Baby Amel which is taking a F/T pinky once a week. Is it worth the time trying to buy bulk? I see that I could save some money (30-50 cents each (befrore shipping) as opposed to $1 a shot at the store I'm dealing with) but I would be dealing with large quantities (50-100). How long can you keep frozen pinkies before I have to worry about it?

Any Info would be helpful

Thanks

Being that you have only one snake, no, it would not be advisable for you to purchase in bulk online (at least until the snake is eating adult mice). An alternative would be to locate a show within a few hours of you where you can pickup what you need and avoid the shipping fee. ;)

Being that you have only one snake, no, it would not be advisable for you to purchase in bulk online (at least until the snake is eating adult mice). An alternative would be to locate a show within a few hours of you where you can pickup what you need and avoid the shipping fee. ;)

Heck, By the time you walk out of the show you"ll have another two snakes then you'll be ordering bulk on-line. LOL

It's worth a try if you have a locally owned store to ask if they'll cut you a break on a pack of 100 pinks. Of course, with one snake, it will be ready to move up to larger sized prey items before you get through all of them. If there's a local herp society, they often go in on bulk buys. Either way, you're only looking at fifty two bucks a year for your feeding bill at full retail. I'd give my right pinky to have a food bill that low!

I agree. If I didn't get a deal with the pet store people (they order from RodentPro anyway) because I buy in bulk, my bill would be almost $52 a week to keep my guys happy! So no, I would just buy one at a time until he moves up in size.

I'd give my right pinky to have a food bill that low!

They can take my left pinky toe. I don't use that one.

I agree. If I didn't get a deal with the pet store people (they order from RodentPro anyway) because I buy in bulk, my bill would be almost $52 a week to keep my guys happy! So no, I would just buy one at a time until he moves up in size.

The pet store I go to all the time is about 50% less than what I would pay at a normal pet store. So a $47 bill there is $94 at a regular pet store. I'm expecting my first shipment of bulk any day now!

I'm with everyone else. With one snake... probably NOT a great idea. Unless you can go in with others in your community to buy in bulk, it probably would be just as good to buy from the pet store.

Because I've got more than a few snakes (30), I was able to save a great deal by buying in bulk.

Back