• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

IS IT WORTH IT

kingkong

Does any one know what ghost stripe corns are worth i have the choice to by one of those or a normal motly for the same price i have always wanted to get a striped corn but a wanted to know if it is worth it oh and by the way they are going for R500 each.

Does any one know what ghost stripe corns are worth i have the choice to by one of those or a normal motly for the same price i have always wanted to get a striped corn but a wanted to know if it is worth it oh and by the way they are going for R500 each.

Around $100 for a good lookin' hatchling. Not including s/h.
A snake is worth whatever you will to pay for it.

I've seen them for $40. I personally think $100 is a little steep, unless it's not a hatchling. I usually ask $60 or so for mine.

Bear in mind that kingkong is in South Africa, where any type of Corn will command a much higher price than in the UK or US.

I agree with Lennycorn - buy the one you really want. You'll know in your gut if it's worth that much money to you. Think ahead five years; if you imagine that you'll feel ripped off every time you look at it, then don't buy it. If you can imagine yourself just thinking "What an amazing animal", and never remembering how much it cost - then that's the Corn for you!

Well a ghost stripe is probably considered more "valuable" than a normal mot here in the states at least - you got anery and hypo, and stripe is a little less prevalent than mot.
But how valuable it *really* is depends on what you're most interested in.

I would have to say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If you like the ghost I say get it. R500 (is that 500 rand?) = about $65 US, good price for a ghost stripe but a little high for a normal motley. Hope this helps.

thanks for the replys i defintly think i,m going to buy it. its a very good looking healthy. one and a half year old female oh and if i breed it to my male normal with no hets will ijust get normals.:poke:

I paid about 2x what my hognose was actually worth when I got her, but I wanted THAT SNAKE, and I would have paid a lot more to have her. :)

Back