• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

is my corn an idiot?

ashlyn

i have my first baby corn (amel yearling) for a week and i handle it every two days. he's great, curious, nice and all, but i think i do not know how to drink alone! when i put him back to his viv, i hold him above the water and he takes several long draughts...i'm a bit afraid because i am sometimes not at home for 4 or 5 days in a row... is he really stupid or am i just not here when he decide to have drink?

if there is water available in the viv, your corn will find it when he/she needs a drink. I wouldn't worry about it unless you notice him becoming dehydrated.

how do u know when a snake is getting dehydrated?now i think that it's maybe just because he was about to shed; this morning he was a bit more milky like than usual, i didn't see he was in the blue phase because it's hard to see with his red eyes and i'm still a beginner... there's a water dish and a kind of pool in the viv, but like he crawls around only when is alone i'me a bit worried but i s'ppose i should not...

mine seems to drink a lot right after eating, and right before shedding. It was sort of funny the first time I fed him after moving him into his new viv. It has a glass door on the front that comes down. He was crawling across the door back into the viv, noticed something, and then tried to drink the glass. I redirected him to his water bowl after a minute or so of laughing at him (now who's corn is an idiot?) and he drank a whole lot.

lol... indeed your corn should be introduced to mine! i believe i'm simply to worried because how could we expect a snake to be clever? too bad he never would learn to give his paw.

If you are worried, put the water bowl on the perimeter of the cage. Snakes tend to cruise the perimeter at night and are more likely to stumble upon the water bowl if it is placed there, rather in the middle of the cage. After several weeks, the snake should be familiar with the whole cage and probably won't need the water bowl in the same place. My water bowls are cemented into the middle of the shoebox, and I have occasionally found a baby that looks dehydrated, and drinks a lot when I put it into the bowl. As the old boxes are replaced, I am using bowls that can be moved to the edges of the cage instead of stuck in one place, at least for new babies until they are well adjusted to the cage.

I feel bad for you guys and your dumb snakes. My '05 hatchlings are already solving differential calculus problems. I had to buy them scientific calculators with very soft buttons; they were suffering rostral abrasions from the old ones I had given them. :)

Reactions: cka
Roy Munson said:
I feel bad for you guys and your dumb snakes. My '05 hatchlings are already solving differential calculus problems. I had to buy them scientific calculators with very soft buttons; they were suffering rostral abrasions from the old ones I had given them. :)

oh yeah? Well mine's a computer genius...Bill Gates' own personal consultant, actually.

Attachments

• Mojo 026.jpg
    Mojo 026.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 81
ok thanx a lot for the idea of the water dish on the perimeter! i'll try it tomorrow! my corn beat your all when i'm studying he's acting like he's having a rest in my hairs but i'm pretty sure he's reading above my shoulder...

Back