• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

is my mouse old enough

corn_breeder

hello i bought three feeder mice and all where male. and i wanted to keep one of them. and nex week i'm going to get 2 females. and i was wondering if it was old enough to breed i got two little ones and a bigger one (the one i want to breed) they didn't tell me their age but i got a picture of him in my hand and next to the smaller one. he is around 2.5" to 3" from head to butt.
here is the pic.

He looks old enough. But I must say that the one experience I had with breeding mice, the female killed the other female and the male.

Mice are sexually mature 40-60 days of being born. Once the mice are weened (21 days) they can be sold at pet stores, or whereever you bought them. So, if they were on the younger end (just weaned) you will only have a few weeks, maybe a month to wait until they are sexually mature.

The tan one in your hand looks to be around 18 - 20 grams ... about 6 weeks old. He is ready to breed.

Any females you buy need to be at least that large ... I prefer 20-24 grams (about 8-10 weeks) for females.

Bryan

Back